Monday, October 28, 2013

2013.10.27 email

Well, that was a crazy week. I found out a lot. I've got a lot to learn. District leader is hard.

Essentially, the city I'm serving in is on fire. There's more missionary excitement coursing through this place than I've seen during my whole mission. We hear about other wards that are dealing with lists of people that members have given to missionaries. Here, we're still repairing bonds with missionaries. We've made progress, but it's rocky, even now. The whole stake is pushing for more member missionary work, so there's a lot of pressure on everyone. As is, President Shin has pulled a TON of missionaries into this city. Not many other areas are expanding like this one. Wards that only had one set of elders now have 3, an entire new zone opened, and it's crazy just trying to stay above water. Now we've got zone leaders in my district too, so there's a lot going on. I've got to think a lot more about how we're going to be able to continue to help encouraging members and earning their trust.

My new companion actually was just serving with Elder 조규원, so he had a pretty short move. About ten feet. He's pretty new, but I'm not training anymore. Taking a transfer off while I figure out what this district leader thing is like. A little stressed. Not really feeling prepared for this. But I've had a thought come to me during personal study that's helped a lot. "Don't ever allow yourself to worry so much about being one of the best that you forget to be the Lord's." That's what I want. To be the Lord's. That will drive me to do whatever it takes.

So, we had a lot of miracles this week. Taught a lesson at a restaurant. One of the works came over and asked if he could listen. Turned into an investigator. Met another guy who studies the bible a lot, but has trouble finding a true church. Said he's looking. ^^ Also got to give service again, that was fun. Took pictures.

I wish I knew what I wanted to write. Truth be told, I've been kind of lost in the excitement of things. It's been hard to focus of think of other things. It's always on your toes here. But this week we've got zone conference, a halloween party, a couple other things. I'm expecting a short week.

Love you guys! I hope everyone is doing well. I know there are some major challenges happening there. Try to stay strong. I'm praying for you. Have a great week!

~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment