Wednesday, May 7, 2014

2014.05.06 email received

Dear Home,

I like the idea of having notes prepped ahead of time, but it's weird trying to manage the flow of the letter when there's a big block thrown in that I wrote days ago. 

This week has been pretty fun. In Korea, there are a lot of holidays in may, so we have been doing a lot of proselyting activities to find people to teach. On Monday it was Childrens Day here, so our mission decided to move Pday to Wednesday in order to take advantage of all the families going out. A lot of people were there, so it was pretty successful. Hopefully we will be able to meet a lot of them later. But yeah, that was why I wasn't able to email Monday.

I've gotta say, having four Elders in the house again is nice. You can do a lot more when you have more people around. I love how efficient two man houses can be, but I like the perks of four man too.You get to share stories a lot more. Usually serving in a two man and being together twenty-four seven, you have already shared all the stories you can think of.
This month has a lot of excitement going on.Coming up, there are tons of holidays in Korea, then there is a ward fellowshipping activity we are working in to help prepare everyone for the visiting apostle, then Elder Christofferson comes, first to Daejeon to meet the missionaries, then down to Gwangju,so we will get to see him twice! It'll be awesome.

It feels like there is a lot of news, but I'm always at a loss of what to share first. After finding out the notes capability of a translator I use here, I've been finding all sorts of useful things with it. I put PMG on there, I'm working on typing up lesson plans on it, and it is a good place for just simple references. Pretty similar to what I'd been doing with the phone, but with better connections. In a hurry, I also can copy emails onto it and read them later, rather than my method of taking a picture of it like I used to.

Little tricks to make life easier. Of course, these are extremely simple tasks for others with modern technology. As missionaries, we run a little more simple, but I love it. We've also started using little outlines when we make our lesson plans. Found out that helps us a lot. Plus, it makes it easier to record impressions we get for lessons during the week.^^

Yep, Buddha's Birthday, Children's day, things are pretty exciting here. Children's day was the best.

Another fun story: I ran into an old investigator I met a year ago. I met him in Daejeon, and missionaries there found him again. Turns out Mokpo is his hometown and he's started coming down for the weekends to look after his mom. IT was pretty cool to talk with him again. He loves history and says he wants to read the Book of Mormon. He loves the idea of church, but he felt like a lot of them were more monetary than they should be. Loves what he's seen of ours though. He's always been a super nice guy. I hope we get to see him a lot more.^^

~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment