Sunday, April 27, 2014

2014.04.27

Dear home,
 
First, here's something cool. I got a Korean name a while back, and I found the chinese characters for it.
吴保太 오보태
오 중국에 있는 옛날 나라
보 보호
태 큰

The family name is the Stake President's here. It comes from the name of a country in China.
Then my given name translates to "great protector"
I really like how it came out. The English Pronunciation would be something like "Oh Boh Tae"
 

Lots of interesting things happening! General Relief Society President came, Elder Christofferson is coming, I hear the Pope is coming in august, even Obama from what I hear. Is there something happening I haven't heard about? No idea. Should be an interesting couple months though.

목포 is a really beautiful place. I love just seeing the people here. Lots of families, lots of outgoing people, and there's a family like feeling here with a lot of people you meet. 

Not all news is cheery though. There was a ship that capsized about two weeks ago with 476 people on board.170 saved,150 or so confirmed dead,150 still missing. It has been a tragedy here. It is all that has been on the news since it happened. The saddest part is that most of the passengers were just students, Middle school or high school.They are guessing that it was due to unsafe loading of cargo, three times the legal weight limit, and not enough balancing fluid(not sure what that is).A lot of people are really upset about it. For me,I just find myself so thankful for the plan of salvation.
 
That's it for now. Other news, switched phones again. I've had three different phones here and I've been in this area for 2 months. Copying address info, while becoming faster, is not much fun. The perks of this new phone: a great dictionary that can link to words found in definitions (doublecheck accuracy), thread style text messaging so you can see what the replies are from, and a decent menu system that makes it easy to organize. Yay.
Also, two wards were merged, so one companionship got moved down here. I was expecting that, but I wasn't sure when it would happen. So, our ward will be six-man again starting this week. Looking forward to it.

Life is good, but I am almost out of time. Lot's of logistics today...

I love you all! I'll try to find time to write more. I think of you a lot more than you know, I promise!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment