Sunday, April 13, 2014

2014.04.13

Dear home!

This is going to be one crazy transfer. I've got a small district for now, but lots of interesting things are going to happen in it. First off, we're host to our mission's traveling AP. A new position made to help train missionaries. Since our house has too much room, he's using it as a homebase, so we'll spend about a fifth of his time here, and most of it in other areas. Also, we've got a greeny in our district and two missionaries returning home. Impressive eh?

As for emails, I've got some bad news and great news. First, my new companion is fast at emailing. Only takes about half an hour so I feel bad going longer. Great news, I found an awesome trick. I can type up letters on my translator. I originally wanted to use it for President's letters because it takes so long to type Korean, but I might start using it for family letters too. Write little notes during the week. Could be good.^^ I'm also using it for lesson plans. Seems to work well. A lot easier than constantly rewriting and throwing away old papers.

I've had a lot of my mind this transfer. There's a missionary in our district that is having a really hard time. I think that's been the hardest thing. They're having an extremely hard time finding joy, and there's stress from a hundred odd sources on their mind. It's been where my thoughts has been the whole week. Even general conference was different than usual. But I have it on my mp3 player, and I plan on relistening to it over time. The important thing is that I got from it the inspiration I need for the moment. I'll worry about the rest later.

I'm so thankful for a testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ. That truly is the greatest strength in the world. To know that we are never alone. To know that no effort is wasted. To know that we are led and loved by an all knowing being. That is the blessing of being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Sadly, this knowledge is often doubted, and almost daily rejected by those who do not understand it. My testimony is small in comparison with those we've heard this weekend (for you guys, last weekend), but I want to add mine to theirs as a humble witness that Jesus is the Christ. That God lives, and has called a Prophet to lead us. More than that, we have the opportunity to speak to our Heavenly Father through prayer, to take our deepest concerns to him. And find answers.

I know this Church is true. Over the next couple weeks, I want to share more of the things I liked from Conference. For now, I wanted to share a Talk from Priesthood session. Elder Hallstrom. We can change.

Times up for now, but I love you all. Have a good week, and I'll be back with more later.

~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment