Sunday, April 6, 2014

2014.04.06 email

That was a big shock.

Transfer calls was a wall for me today. First off, my companion Elder Williams is getting transferred. That alone was a hard one to take. I love that guy. Second, I'm becoming DL again, but our district is being split. It's going from 12 to 4. It's now going to be just our ward, and our ward lost a set of elders, so it's just us and the sisters. Almost all of our mission leaders will be going home soon, so President Shin mentioned today in the conference call that he's trying to train new leaders. I'm guessing that's why a bunch of new districts opened up. It's a shame though, the bigger districts are always nice. Plus, we might be getting more elders in our ward next transfer, we're not sure. Funny thing, I'm serving with Elder Esplin again. I served with him exactly a year ago, and we're companions again. We'll see the April General Conference together, just like before. He's an awesome guy, and I love how honest and pure hearted he is. One funny thing is our house will seem huge with just the two of us. We might get moved.

Either way, it's a lot of change. And I'm bad at change. Still, I'm excited. I love this ward. I'm convinced I'm here until I go home, and I wouldn't have it any other way. The leaders are incredible, the city is beautiful, and I've learned a lot here.

Everything I had thought about writing just left me. (Tends to happen during transfer week.)

We went to a beach last P-Day, made a little message card for the members of our ward with ideas for how they can share the gospel, met a lot of cool people. But it's been hard meeting investigators recently. That's been a test of faith, but I'm looking up. I want to make a difference here. I want to help others come unto Christ. I know He's guiding this work, and I know that it will continue on in His time.

I'll sure miss Elder Williams though. He's powerhouse. At first, I'd expected that he'd be transferring. He's been here for a while, but the more we served, the more hopeful we became that we'd have one more.

Who knows what'll happen next transfer. I love you guys! You're the best in the world.

I'm having trouble thinking today to be honest. So many thoughts going through. I can't say there's ever been a relaxing transfer day. It's gotten to the point where I don't think ahead of it much, but it's always a surprise when it comes. This transfer felt SO FAST...
I love you guys, I miss you a lot, but I'm excited to be where I am. I hope conference was good, I'm looking forward to hearing it this week. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment