Sunday, March 30, 2014

2014.03.30

Hello!

This week has been a number of interesting experiences, I loved it. Sometimes while we're walking, I feel like we're a little random. Here's a quote from this week.
"Snap, 15 is here!"
*frantically running towards the bus stop*
"I've got to bail the milk!"
*five minutes later on the bus*
"I lost the milk. Failed..."
This was an intricate plan. I would watch for 3 buses that would be coming from three separate directions while Elder Williams went to a vending machine about twenty feet away to get a cup of hot milk. (Good stuff here.^^) I was supposed to signal if a bus came. Trouble was, one came the second he got the milk, but it was a bus that we had to outrun and cross the street in order to catch. Needless to say, hard to do while holding a cup of hot milk. It was in the moment, so probably not funny to you, but if it helps, the whole dialog was done in a batman voice.

Little things that ensure that I'll never lead a boring life, despite being a boring person.

Also, this week our arts and crafts continues. I love message cards. And members love getting them. We're missionaries, so our ways of showing love are limited a little, but the time taken to make a little gift like that is fun. Origami is sweet too. Been giving little turtles and random things to kids recently. We also spent some time during weekly planning making a prayer list. I've always had my prayer roll, but it takes a long time to update or get out all the names. This is a sheet of paper that uses sticky notes to categorize people in need of prayers. So I use that for others, and use the other for more personal things. What I'm thankful for that day, what I need His help with, as well as a couple cards with prompts to "Ponder" as Elder Williams likes to call it. How has God blessed you today? Were you 100% obedient? Where did you see the Lord's Hand? What part of your testimony has grown? Etc. I encourage you to try it. If praying sincerely is hard, treat it like homework, write it out, give yourself questions. When you make the time for God, He helps with the rest.

I love you all. I'd write more things that happened this week, but the things I felt most strongly about this week was mostly in the morning or evening hours of study and preparation times. More meaningful scripture study by adding notes at the end of my nightly prayers. Just thoughts that come to mind. I've found that as I study those the next morning, it opens the door so much more to revelation. Also, reading a chapter in the Book of Mormon twice. Once in the morning before exercise in Korean, then again in English during personal study. 

I've finally found a way I like to journal more regularly too. Do it while pondering before prayer. Works great. Helps gear it towards what is important.

All getting ready for General Conference! So excited! I think it'll be a good one.

That's about it. ^^

~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment