Sunday, March 9, 2014

2013.03.09

Tons to do today, so I can only write for a little while, but I love you guys!

This area is heaven on earth. I'm sure of it. The members here are the greatest people ever. So loving and outgoing. We've been working a lot to help them and work with the leadership here. Especially in LA work. There are a lot of people who have strong potential to come back, they're just having a hard time right now. Elder Williams and I have been working a lot to visit and work with them.

I love this area. Elder Williams is fun to serve with too. Studies for members and Investigators super well. Always has something to share that can help them. Great at following the spirit to, I've been learning a lot from him.

Lot's of miracles, from meeting a LA who teaches guitar, to meeting someone on the street that said he wanted to read the Book of Mormon, to finding a LA house that was buried in an old neighborhood (a maze). Lot's of fun experiences.

Other news:
Elder Christofferson is coming to visit the mission this may. I did mention that, right? It's been in my planner for ages, but I always run out of time to give details. But it's super exciting! The whole mission will be gathering to meet with him. Should be awesome.^^ His talks are always so fun in GC, I wonder what he's like in person...

We found America. In the form of Bestco. Kind of a simple version of Costco, but a tenth the size and only food. I found cheap strawberry syrup though, so I have no bad things to say about it. It also had Peanut butter, fake m&ms, canned food-- all hard to find here. It was beautiful..

No oven here, so we've been experimenting. You can't cook cookies in an upsidedown pot/makeshift oven. Doesn't work. But ricecookers are good. We successfully baked Banana Bread this week. ^^

New passoff program came out to help study Korean and develop lesson plans. Good program, super excited to use it.


That's about it. I love you all, I'm excited for General conference! Hope you're all doing well.^^

Love you! Until next time!
~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment