Sunday, March 23, 2014

2014.03.23

Dear Home,

I spent half this week without my companion, and I missed him a ton. How it went was there's a missionary that had military obligations for a week, so he had to go to Seoul. Elder Williams went to stay with him, and I did a split with the other two Elders in my area. Lasted for about 3 days I think. But it was interesting.

We've got some interesting things happening here though. We've got a couple programs we're trying to jump start. One of them is a program to help members pray more regularly and be able to share the Gospel. Started while reading the March Liahona. There's a list of 10 suggestions for sharing the Gospel. What we decided to do was make a message card with that and a list of 10 small steps to introduce the Gospel to a friend including situations where they have interest or if they do not. Both emphasize prayer and personal testimony. We're hoping it's not pushy. Reading through it, it doesn't look bad. But it should be good. It has a blank missionary tag where they can write in their names and a space to list possible friends to pray for and look for opportunities. Excited for it.^^

I love this ward. Last night we visited a family that has possibly the cutest baby girl in the world. There are a lot of cute kids here, but she's at the top of the list I think. The ward I'm in now is definitely largely primary. Kind of new, but I love it. So many young families here. Love it. Also learned how to make an origami boat yesterday. Pretty fancy.

Anyway, the work is moving forward. We found one investigator who seems to have a ton of potential. The only problem is he teaches at a 학원 closest definition is academy, but we don't hardly have them in the US. He works evenings and weekends. ...Pretty much the only time we have meetings. He's awesome though. Lots of great questions, and his prayers are so sincere. He's studied religion a lot. His family are Atheists, his wife's family are strong Christians. Interesting discussions at home I hear. But he's super opened minded. He knows a lot, he just says belief is hard for him. (He teaches math.) Every time we meet he says he feels this could help his belief grow. Keep him in your prayers!

Ah, I love Korea. It's beautiful. MokPo is especially beautiful. I'll see what pictures I have this week, but no scenery shots yet. I suppose I should take some of those...

I love you guys! Have a good week!

~Elder Robarts

Other news:
We successfully transfer several GB of music. Tons of Motab...

I felt uneasy about losing my mission pictures, so I got a flash drive to back them up. I've taken roughly 7.45 GB of pictures here. 
...I like cameras apparently. But now I am a little more at peace. The flash drive goes into a very safe box until I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment