Tuesday, June 24, 2014

2014.06.24 email

Dear home,

A bit of a lot to go over... So, right now I don't have a companion. I'm in a threesome with the other Mokpo Elders because my companion has to stay in the hospital for a couple days. He's had a couple health problems since the start of his mission, but he has mostly just tried waiting it out and didn't say anything. But since it hasn't resolved itself, and it's been getting worse recently, they decided to get it looked at. Keep him in your prayers please!

It's weird not being with your own companion. It's like a part of you is gone. Even more so because you know he's having a rough time. But life goes on in the field, I guess. We had an FHE last night with a member's family, then District meeting this morning. We think we'll be able to come back around Friday maybe. He has to stay in for more tests for a few days.

This week we had Stake Conference, interviews with President, and there was a combined missionary activity in Gwangju yesterday for P-Day. Ate lunch, played a little sports, and did some service at the new church building. But because of that, we got back to Mokpo a little late.

This week had a lot of exams, so most of our younger investigators were busy this week. But with that comes summer break for a couple weeks. We're looking to arrange a service activity with some of them and members of the ward. Should be pretty fun. I love service, and it's been harder to do it recently.

This truly is a great work. The ways that we serve may seem small, but they are all pieces of something bigger. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so much bigger than the little things we as humans stress over. The answers are all fairly simple. The only complicated things about life are what we make.

Right now, I'm trying to refocus. My thoughts feel like they kind of went through a blender. Thinking about my district, my companion, our investigators, my own testimony and how I can help it grow... It's all kind of blurred now. But I know one thing. Everything will work out. And in the meantime, I'll trust God and follow his direction.

I love you all! Have a great week!
~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment