Sunday, June 29, 2014

2014.06.29

I'll never get used to this... Another transfer, another whirlwind.

So, before this week, my companion has been having a lot of problems with his health. First coming to Korea was rough on him, and he's been sick pretty much ever since. It gets better and worse, but never 100% cured from what he's told me. At first he didn't really say much about it, but it's gotten worse recently. From the looks of thing, he may even need to transfer state-side if it doesn't work out soon. Originally, President told me that I would be training him to be district leader before I go, but with this new turn, I won't be his companion. President brought in a Korean in case they have to go to the hospital again and they need someone more familiar with the system. As is, I once again became companions with a housemate. This is the fourth time I've had a transfer within my own house. But my new companion is Elder Hawes. Awesome guy, I'll tell you all about him later.^^ So Here's my district's changes...

Elders    Robarts Dursteler --> Dursteler  하용식
             Merkley Hawes   -->  Robarts Hawes
Sisters   이예지 윤미영  -->  Jacklyn 윤미영

This is it. This is my last transfer in Korea. But I'm aiming for this one to be the brightest.

This week we saw a huge miracle. Before in another area I had investigator I loved so much. We first met him by calling a wrong number, and ever since then he's progressed a ton. He's come to church six times or so now, and he used to have a date to be Baptized, but he had a big exam come up that made him too busy to meet. I'll try to share his whole story later, but last week I got the feeling I should call him. When I did, he told me that he moved since then, and he's now in my current area...  Met him again on Sunday. My goal is to help him get baptized before I go home. He's so ready for it. He just likes to question his faith sometimes.

There's so much to write about, but so little time. As is, we had an appointment this morning that kept getting moved around, so we couldn't do anything. We just about gave up and started emails when he called. Got about 10 minutes left before we'll rush to meet him.

But I love you so much. I'll see if I can do the second half of this later, but with transfers, I don't know if we'll have time. Just know that I'm thinking of you, I love you, and you're in my prayers!

~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment