Sunday, July 27, 2014

2014.07.27

The dreadful moment you realize you only have three weeks left.

This is going to be a hard couple of weeks, that's for sure. Transfers are bad enough. This... I don't want to think about it, but I need to start preparing. I'm trying to contact investigators from old areas. If I can make contact with them from America, I should be able to provide some good fellowshipping for the missionaries here.

I don't know what to think right now, but there are three things constantly going through my head it seems.
Don't let any miracle slip by. Don't stop unless you hear otherwise, and share your testimony as much as you can while you have the blessed opportunity to wear the name of the Savior on your chest.
Make any preparations needed to maintain contact with those you have taught. Help them from the other side.
Leave something for missionaries to follow. Give them the chance to see miracles.

This week, we met 3 people that seem Golden. One started attending a church 1 year ago because he felt like he needed change in his life, but he has lots of questions. Says reading the scriptures is fun, it teaches him a lot, but he always has questions. Met him just knocking on doors, and he invited us in to talk. 

Second was a student who is studying in Canada and came home for vacation. He has had a ton of thoughts about life, and from the two times we've met him, he really likes what he's heard. Goes back to Canada this week, but we should be able to refer him to the missionaries there through Facebook.

Third is a man who met missionaries in Incheon at the start of the month. He's had a very serious disease come into his life this year, and it's taken a lot out of him, but it's pointed him to God. He says the missionaries helped him a lot, and we wanted to continue going to church. He said he just came down to Mokpo 8 days ago. It always amazes me how God knows where you need to be.  That same day we saw an investigator that went out to a park to read the Book of Mormon.

This is an amazing work. I'm sure life outside of this is good too, but it's hard leaving it behind. Just time to enjoy it to the end.
I love you guys so much! I'll see you soon!

~Elder Robarts
brief extra email exchange
Mom: It's Elder Lee's (an earlier favorite companion that he trained) birthday today.   I don't know if that's today here or today in Korea though.  lol
Elder Robarts: Crazy time lapse... I feel bad. Last year I transfered on his birthday. This year I leave the country. I must be a horrible father...

No comments:

Post a Comment