Sunday, July 14, 2013

2013.07.14 email

Dear home,
 
I'm glad I have a loving, patient mission president. I just spent about 40 minutes typing a letter for him in Korean, then the computer was silly and left the screen without saving anything, so I had to retype it in English...
 
Anyway, I'm sure he'll understand. But I hate not having time, a seemingly unchanging situation here. I don't know how Elder Lee is writing so much. Korean takes a bit longer, sure, and I keep getting texts interrupting, but still...
 
Sorry. I know you guys look forward to these, such as they are. Just know, this week was crazy. We got a ton of referrals from our investigators, met a ton of cool people, to the point that we're continually losing our study time. Too many appointments. It's gotten bad enough that I brought it up with President. He just said to use my best judgement. Great advice, hard to put in practice.
 
I guess there's been a lot of stress lately. More investigators than I can really manage. So many different needs. And we don't always have study time to do the prep we need. We're looking at dropping probably. I hate it, most of them have potential, but we may have to.
 
Cool news though. We might be famous. We met an author on the street who asked us to help him with his book. Wanted proofreading. So, in about 2 hours? maybe three-- We read through a 400 page language book. Head hurt so much. He said he wanted to hear more about what we do here, so that was cool. Also said he wants to have dinner with us, and that he'd put our names in as editors and give us a copy. We'll see how things go as an investigator, he's a nice guy. Talks fast.
 
Probably my favorite family is doing well too. They've read all the way to 3 Nephi, they study the Bible DILIGENTLY. I say a reference we're sharing and they already know what is in that chapter... Basically, they've looked at a lot of churches, like what we share, and are just waiting for that confirmation. We're mostly trying to help them recognize it now.
 
Too much to write about... No time to do it. Met another cool guy who is a friend of another investigator. Talked about the Restoration. He read a little of the Book of Mormon while we were talking and even was able to help explain it when we got to that part. Smart guy, and looks like he has good potential. Met another family that is interested in visiting America. (English interest, but open to religion) Also we met a really amazing guy while knocking doors. He's slightly mentally disabled, but he asked if we could visit, so we talked with him for a while. He's so amazing. So nice, and so happy. It was odd, even though it was hard to understand him, both Elder Lee and I felt like we knew what he wanted to say. Words would just come to mind in English. He lives with his mom, and she seems like a great person. We want to see if we can visit again and meet them together. We want to meet her too.
 
Anyway, this only puts a dent in what happened this week, but it's all I have time for. I love you. Sorry I can't express it much. If I could get more time, I'd give a lot for it.
Love you!
 
~Elder Robarts
 

No comments:

Post a Comment