Sunday, July 7, 2013

email 2013.07.07

[Benjamin answers some questions I asked him: 
1) How is the garlic salt holding up?
1a) Likewise the vanilla.
2) What other seasonings do you miss?
3) Do you want English copies of the Book of Mormon for English class?]
 
Q&A
 
Seasonings are holding up great. If there's one thing I learned, it's how to ration. I've really only put a dent in them. I only use them for special stuff like cookies for members or whitesause and chicken alfredo. Not super frequent.
I don't know what else I miss... Parsley was nice, or italian seasoning, but italian wouldn't be useful hre. I never make that kind here. I think I'm pretty set. Most things I can make or fake here. Costco stopped carrying chocolate, but I've been holding strong, so it should last me a couple more months. Waiting for it to come back in the fall. (hopefully I don't get transfered first...)
 
Don't worry about BoM. We've got some Eng ones, and we stole some Korean ones during mission tour from another building, so we'll be okay till we get a new supply.
 
Also, bad news. Email time just got butchered. We write to President Shin in Korean, and I type extremely slow in Korean. If if was a text, I'd be set. But the keyboard I'm not used to. I need to buy one for practice.
 
As it is, I'm almost out of tme and I just started. ...Sorry about that.
 
Anything else? Oh yeah, President Shin is AWESOME. But that'll get covered in the letter. (PS: Typing so long in Korean has messed with my head. If I look at the keyboard,  get disoriented because of the Korean. I have no choice but to touch type. [is that right? not looking] I usually do it anyway, but I can't look down to gather thoughts anymore...)
 
Time for the normal letter.


So, this week has been crazy. Mission Tour, second one this transfer, new mission president,and new programs. He's trying to get stake service couple missionaries to work on visiting LA [less actives, not city in California] and he's asked us to commit a day a week to go out with them. Hasn't started yet, but sounds great. There's so much LA work here, and we need those couple missionaries.
 
Also, a new English program. A once a month English camp kind of thing, stake wide. Sounds pretty cool, he's having our zone pilot it.
 
In other news, we have been swamped with investigators. It's gettig hard to manage them all, especially because some of them have trouble meeting. So much texting... Night calls too. But it's good. I like this better than the alternative. Missionary work without investigators is really long...
 
Also, I gotta haircut. Elder Lee did it, so it looks pretty good. He got a picture of it which I'm sure you'll get. Facebook is so crazy. A couple of our members here use it too, so I'll give a shoutout. You guys are amazing! Sorry about the English. It's for the family...
 
Anyway, things are good. Lot's of rain. Lot's of hot. I'm not used to sweating in the rain. But I love Korea. It's still really beautiful here.
 
How are you guys doing? I've been thinking about you guys alot. I might be sending a package home soon. We found out with Elder Lee that packages aren't too bad sending out of Korea, just coming in. So there's a couple things I might try to find. It might take a little while to collect them, but within a couple weeks I'll try to send one.
 
You guys rock so much!
 
Gotta go now, but I'll get some pictures for you. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment