Sunday, July 28, 2013

2013.07.28 email

Transfer calls again, and I still don't know the verdict. So far, the other Elders here are staying, we're getting a new district leader, and odds are one of the two of us will be leaving. But I usually get my calls a little later. I think the Lord knows I need to stress less, so He's giving me an opportunity to practice. The thing is, I'm happy with whatever happens. For some reason, even though I'm happy with the outcome and willing to follow the Lord, I still feel stressed. Every time.
To make things more fun, I just got a call from the APs. Still no transfer call, but he mentioned our travel plans will be taking us to the headquarters. Could mean anything, but it confirms that Lee and I are getting split up. Man, I'll miss him so much... We've had some crazy times. And our moms are already Facebook friends, so it's been so nice knowing that they'll still get news even if I can't write about it. I've actually been meaning to mention that. If you're interested in our life here, check Elder Lee's Facebook or something. Between the two of us we've got a lot of pictures and stories. His are better though.
Anyway, this week has been insane. English Village, leading into transfer week. Stress, baby. Stress. Meaningless stress? Probably, but I always seem to have it. The village went great though. I've got pictures. And yes, I was a doctor. Elder Lee and I ran the hospital. It was awesome. We've got a couple doctors in our ward (Told you, SMART people place, Yuseong...) so we got to borrow some stuff from them. We also brought our scale, measuring tape thing, first aid kits, faked an eye test sheet, even falsified a medical certificate for our med school degree. Needless to say, it was pretty fun. Also stole some toys and magazines for our waiting room and rigged up fake forms for them to fill out.
After we were done setting up our station, we helped with some other ones. Including the airport. This one is probably one of the best examples of Mormon creativity. Carpet squares, tables on umbrella holders, a set of drawers we stole from an apartment, a conveyor belt leading into a closet for baggage... It was nice.
But it was great! People came, we managed everything pretty well, now we're working on getting other zones ready to copy it and try it in other areas. Probably though we'll be it once every three months.
We've also been focusing a lot on members. With Transfers, and 4 missionaries all of which having been here at least 2 transfers, in my case 5, we knew someone was leaving, so we wanted to say goodbyes. Basically, we made a ton of banana bread in our miniature oven (the thing looks like a Suzy bake oven, but it's helped us a ton.) and went to people's houses to sing to them and leave a little message card. ^^
I love this place. I feel like it's getting close. I'm going to have to leave soon. I don't really want to. I feel like I have so much unfinished business here. I know these people so well... They're so close. But I'm ready. I know there are big changes up ahead. And I'm excited.
Oh yeah, we went to a baseball game too. Elder Lee reminded me about that. Elder's Quorum activity. Brought an investigator out that had never seen a game. Pretty fun. For those who don't know, I worked at a baseball park for a while, so it was pretty cool. Pretty much the same. The main difference was the animelike cartoons that came on for strikeouts or good plays. Dramatic.
I'm so happy. I feel so tired when I think about the things I need to be doing better, but I see everyday that this work is the Lords. And it's moving forward.
Our mission president is amazing. He's set up a regular weekly MISSION-WIDE conference call for Mondays. It's so cool. He's really getting involved in every aspect of this work. He's helped with lessons, he's giving new ideas, it's incredible.
No matter where I am coming this Thursday, this week will be crazy. Last week we lost SO MANY appointment because of English village. Five of them just from Saturday because we were busy and couldn't meet them. So now we've got to get back with all these people, reestablish everything and prep them for transfers, knowing one of us will leave and a new missionary will come in. Craziness... Anyway, for pictures... (on Facebook and Google+)
~Elder Robarts

Transfer Call!
 
I'm training again. And moving to a new area. Should be fun. =D Another big city by the looks of it. Four Elders and Two Sister missionaries, in the area which has historically been the most active area in the mission. Scary. But luckily, I know one of the guys down there already. Elder 조규원, one of my old Companions will be down there, as well as a Sister from my older generation. Powerhouses. Should be exciting. Lots of work to do to hit the ground running. Gotta seal off this area and get it ready to transition, finish teaching the bus routes and what not, then get ready to drop into chaos. I thought training in an area I knew was crazy. It's about to begin. ^^
 
Have a good week guys!
 
~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment