Sunday, August 11, 2013

2013.08.11 email

Dear Home,

It's crazy to think about it being half over.. It feels like I just got here. I know there's a lot of hump day regrets, or general not feeling good enough. And I'll admit, a lot of times I don't feel nearly as good as some of the people I've been serving with. They're all super stars. But if there's one thing that has rung true for me, it's that God is real. He called me here and He called ME. No matter how much better I want to be, He'll use what I can give. And I've seen enough miracles to know that He's[not] ignoring me.

This new area is a lot to take in. I've kind of got a quiet companion this time, there's not quite as much talking around the house, certainly not like last transfer, but he's a great missionary. He's got so much vision of what missionary work can be. I can see why he was called to this area.

This area is in the middle of a revolution. A member missionary work revolution. The whole stake is being woken up, so much more effort is being put into spreading the gospel. We've been visiting so many members, visiting LA's with them, inviting them to read "The power of everyday missionaries" (still waiting for a copy in english from the office), and we're excited. The biggest goal of ours is to help the members regain trust and excitement about missionaries. For so long, things have been quiet, Missionaries didn't always interact much outside of dinner appointments or church. But things are changing.

As for being in this new area, fresh start, with everything being new, including how missionary work itself is done... it's intense. I don't know if the Lord trusts me with this or wants me to learn, or both, but it's a big task ahead of us. And in order to do it, we need the spirit. I've focused on that a lot recently, and the first couple things that came to mind was to remember my family. The Lord asks us to forget ourselves in this work, but not our families. I've been so busy with things I haven't been saving time for family. That's no good. I want to try to get writing again. (As soon as I find the post office here, I'll send something. No one knows where one is...)

I'm glad you got the package, it was a bit rushed. I got transfer calls and realized it had to go before I could add anything else. I enjoyed looking for stuff for it though. ^^ I still have the fan and sword, still looking for a box to ship it, but I'll probably send it before leaving here. Some books too maybe. I don't have time for some, and it's a lot to take with me everywhere.

This week has been great. We got to give service! Helping move some filler for a member who's building a house. And this week we're farming. ^^ I've missed service. If nothing else, I've gotten weak here. I need more of this exercise. And milk. But anyway, love it.

Saw some miracles this week too. Met a guy who had a BoM in his house as a kid and wanted to learn more about our church and where it came from. Then met with another guy who a talked to, he was cool. Called a number, it turned out to be a wrong number, but after talking, first off he 1. had interest, 2. lived in our area, and 3. wanted to meet. Turns out he too has met missionaries before.

Priorities are changing for me here. Missionary work is so much more simple. Show God's love and invite others to act. Teach with the spirit and bare testimony. That's it.

I love you guys, but I've still got to email president.  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment