Sunday, August 18, 2013

2013.08.18 email

Dear Home,
 
I love you guys! You know how I said I kept having that feeling that I need to be focusing more on family? Those feelings have been expanding a ton out here, in a lot of different ways. To elaborate: Missionary work is changing out here. We're trying to encourage members a lot more than before. To participate in LA work, referring friends, and now specifically FHE. In general, FHE and Home Teaching have had their weak points in Korea, but we're trying to help patch those holes. The biggest problem is people are just so BUSY here. Time is a hard thing to find. So, as missionaries, we're looking for solutions to share. Offering to teach how to run an FHE, or going out with them for HT. Giving the responsibility back to the members, but with our support. It's a slow process. And It'll take TIME. Lots of it. But I see lights beginning to spark, especially in the leaders. There's something exciting happening here. We just need to work hard to make sure we're a driving force behind this work and not a stumbling block.
 
So, I have a few 부탁s, or favors I wanted to ask. First off, I'm looking for recipes. Baked goods to take to members. Ranger cookies didn't work well here without shortening, so I'm searching for other options. Right now that's banana bread, but other stuff would be great too. Could you send the rest of my cookie recipes and any other ones that might be good? Preferably ones that don't use shortening or butter. Margarine or oil is best, as we can usually get that fairly easily. If you could, 감사하겠습니다. I'd really appreciate it.^^
 
Also, If you have any ideas about member missionary work (maybe things happening back home) that we could use, send suggestions! I'm looking to have a brainstorm with as many people as I can. Right now we're pushing FHE and using it to invite nonmembers to experience the church in a comfortable environment.
 
With that said, any FHE ideas? Games, messages, ways to involve kids. I love it all.
 
 
I've got to say, this is by far the most American-like ward I've seen, just in set up. Usually Sacrament is last in Korea, but here it's first like back home. Also, the way they run meetings reminds me a lot of home. It's hard to explain...
 
I love you all! We've been working hard, trying to be patient, little by little we're seeing growth. We've got a couple investigators now, but still not many. A couple have some real potential though. Two we met yesterday. They came to church out of the blue and we got to talk with them. Turns out they'd gotten a flier a couple months back, and just now saw it again. Saw a reference in Nephi and wondered what it was talking about, so they came to church. We shared part of the first and second lesson, answered questions, and arranged to meet again Wednesday. They seem really incredible.^^
 
Little things like that. Miracles we get to see, and simply talking with members and being able to share our testimonies with everyone we see makes missionary work amazing. I'm almost out of time, but Thanks so much. You guys are the best!
 
I hope everyone is doing great. You're in my prayers.
~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment