Monday, September 2, 2013

2013.09.02 snail mail

Dear Home,

Another crazy week, but nothing really all that new to report. We're working really hard to help the Members get excited about missionary work, and as we've been doing that, so many other things have come up as well. Helping them have more FHE, encouraging home teaching, every aspect of the Gospel has been influenced a lot lately.

There's a lot of work for us, but I love it. The Lord's hand in this part of the work is strong. We're going uphill, but we've got the Lord at our backs.

The only really hard part has been working together as a companionship. Because my companion is so new to Korea, a lot of things we're doing is hard. Lots of meetings, lots of talking with members, lots of Korean. But he's handling it great. It's just been hard for me to really think of things that he can help with. So much of it I really have to do alone most of the time. But I need to find a solution to that. He needs the practice and I need an extra set of hands if we're going to be able to keep up. The Stake President is serious about this work. He's met with us a couple times and told us himself. This is our chance. For the first time in who knows how long, every member has their mind on missionary work. If we miss this opportunity, we're not getting it back. That spirit that's here won't last long.

Needless to say, a little pressure at the moment. And we're still pushing. I love the Gospel. It pushes you. It strengthens you. Heaven knows, this work has changed the way I look at things. But I've still got a few things to learn. Especially about working with stress, not letting stress work me.

You guys are the best. Thanks for everything you do. The weather is cooling down, so hopefully we'll be able to get things up and running again soon. It's insane really. Looking at all the people the Lord has called to these areas. They're powerful missionaries. All of them. Makes me wonder how I came to be called here. So often I feel like a child among giants, not fully capable of this. But I trust the Lord. He's never let me down yet, and I can't let Him down as long as I give my all.

I love you! Have a great week!

~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment