Sunday, September 29, 2013

2013.09.29

Hey guys!
 
So... no nap last week. Probably not one this week. It was our turn for shoping, and we had to stop to get a new frying pan and shower hose. (shower hose washer-thing broke this morning. Pretty considerate really, waited for p-day. That was nice^^) So that took a couple minutes. Luckily in Korea, all the stores are pretty smart. You can find really small basic home repair stores, as well as other mini marts, hygiene stores, that kind of thing really close to the apartments, so not too much hassle. Benefits of Apartments. Everything is the same, so you don't worry about matching parts. Most people use the same style things for other stuff too. I've seen my shaving cream at about a third of the members' houses.
 
Anyway, our apartment has been having issues. Last week a neighbor below us said our washing area floor leaked water. Thought that was fixed, but no luck. So, we moved the washing machine to our patio-thing area instead. Spent last p-day rigging a hose to a drain so it wouldn't flood. Lots of plumbing tape... Also had to rig an extension cord since the patio, dying rack place doesn't have power. Haha.  Fun though. As a side-necessity, our microwave is now above the dresser next to my desk.
 
But that's not the big news. Our Stake President came to mission coordinating meeting and told us to stop being nice and  share what we thought about the ward's missionary work efforts so far. So, we shared concerns about too many voices, no single leader. We found some things we can do, they've been trying to coordinate more. Things are good. This week they launched a new program. Families will be working together to start group FHE's and coordinate visiting less actives. I'm not sure what happens to Home teaching or personal FHE, but since both have been a struggle from the start, they may be hoping this will be able to lead back into it. Not sure, but tonight we got an invite to help with one of the starting meetings. So the games begin.
 
Gotta say, interesting area. I've never had a week that was the same as the one before. So much is bouncing back and forth. Mind blowing. But we're doing well. Still not as many people to work with as my last area, but we've been finding some good people to teach. We're getting there! Elder Jensen is really great. Kind of a quiet, no nonsense kind of guy, but every once in a while you can get him to open up a little. He's got a joker in him. :D And he's a PMG missionary. He knows where he can find answers to his questions.
 
Ah, life. So many little adventures. We helped at an English village in another zone in the city, and we were asked to do the hospital. ...I'm always the hospital. We've done this some 6 odd times now. I suppose I should be used to it. (Since it went well the first time we did it, I guess I've been recommended for it. I wondered how word always got around. I'm thinking of buying a cheap stethescope and lab coat if I can find one though...) Anyway, this time they called a couple days before, so there wasn't much time to find stuff. To be honest, I assumed they had it already. Anyway, we got there and we didn't really have anything, so we had to improvise a little. But it was good. ^^ I've been learning a lot more medical terms in Korean since we started doing this. If I ever get hurt, I feel comfortable going to a hospital now. More or less...
 
Anyway, that's about all the fun for today. Lots of chaos, but the Lord is with us, and I've apparently learned to trust Him a little more now. Need to do better though. Love you guys! Have a great week! And Happy Birthday Jared! I'm so excited for you! I'm sorry I couldn't be there to see it, but I hope your baptism was amazing! In our ward there was actually a girl that got Baptized yesterday. We got to talk with her for a little while, so it was really cool.
 
Love you! Bye!
 
~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment