Sunday, February 9, 2014

2014.02.09 email

Dear Home,

This week was pretty nice. The holidays are over, people are coming out of the woodwork again, and we saw a lot of miracles this week.
I love this work. This week we met a guy who said straight up that he's been looking for the Book of Mormon for a long time because he wants to know what it is. When we talked to him, almost everything we shared he had been thinking before himself. The importance of prophets, the fact that God wouldn't stop speaking to us, the knowledge that we can know truth through prayer and the spirit. Awesome guy, and super tall. 192cm. That's taller than me. And the first time he met us, he introduced a friend. He's cool too. Recently got back from a homestay in Utah, where he got into a YSA branch and loved it a lot. He was only there a couple weeks, but it left a good impression. He has no religious background, but liked the feeling of our Church and the people. Super excited to meet them more.

Also met an old investigator we haven't seen in over a month. He's doing well, just busy, but we arranged to start meeting again. Taught a lot of cool people on the street, and had a good meeting at ward council. We're merging wards soon, moving into a new building, so they're taking a lot of time trying to preserve and rescue some of our less active members. So many have struggled to come out, and they voiced the concern that once we move, the ward will be a lot bigger and it might become a lot harder to notice when someone is missing. Plus, this building is farther away, so it'll be a bigger sacrifice to make it out. Lot's of less active work ahead. Needs a lot of coordinating. I love less active work. It's harder sometimes, but it's so fulfilling to help people recognize and remember experiences they had when they were converted.

It's a beautiful work, that's for sure.

Been a little busy, so there were three letters sitting unopened on my desk for about a week. (Really sorry about that by the way...) But I have some things to respond to, so I should keep this short today. I love you all. Thank you so much for all you do. It's hard to believe I only have six months left. One of the letters asked about preparations... I don't have any details about that, but it got me thinking. Over the course of my mission, I've made a Babylon List, or a list of things that I want to look up or do back home. Good way to stay focused. Write it down and forget about it. But it's a little messy, so I took one of our blank planners and started putting information in for my first transfer back home. Mostly a to-do list of my first week. Things to research, work on, get information for. School, work, etc. Spent a couple minutes there earlier this morning. I might make a section for foods I miss. Lasagna... 

Luckily I've still got six months before I need that planner. And the planners I've got now have some many incredible things in them to think about. Souls that need saving. Love you all, take care! Until next week!

~Elder Robarts

PS:
I didn't know it was the olympics until we noticed it on TV at a restaurant once. And then only once. Not as big here apparently. Go team Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment