Sunday, February 2, 2014

2014.02.02 email

Happy Lunar New Year!

That was a great week. Started with a split with one of the missionaries in my District, and we got to talk a lot about the things that give us strength in missionary work. There are something that we do because they build us up, and for each of us, those things can be different. For this particular missionary, it's talking to people. He understands so well the call to talk with everyone, and to open your mouth to share the Gospel. For me, it's recognizing God's love for His children. Just how much we does for each of us as individuals. That brings me strength the most I think. I talk to someone, and as I listen to who they are, I feel like I can really recognize God in their lives. That love. It makes it so much easier for me to feel that love for them as well.

We talked to so many people that day, and we saw a lot of miracles. But one thing that stood out to me was something from PMG. It talks about "finding those who will accept you". As we worked, we talked a lot about that. How do we find those who are searching for Truth? Still thinking about that, but the best answer I've felt is to make sure we're doing our best to carry that spirit with us so that they will be drawn to it.

This week, we had a good opportunity for that. With the holidays, Korea was shut down. We ended up spending time as a zone doing a teaching practice. As we did it, the spirit was so strong. I remember one particular lesson where the other missionaries described an investigator that was Buddhist, and had a lot of trials in their life that made it hard for them to find peace. As we talked, there were so many times the spirit led us in what to say. Helping them see how God is important. Because of Him, even hard times are made meaningful. And through Him, we can gain strength and peace, even in the midst of those times. I learned something as we taught that investigator. While I am not one to like Roleplaying, I've felt the spirit so much through it. It's never really felt fake to me. Even in the MTC, the spirit was so strong as we taught. I wondered why that was. But the answer was simple. This Gospel is all about love. No one says you have to be able to see the person you're teaching to love them. As we were teaching, I could really feel love for that investigator, to the point where to this moment, I find myself wanting to know how they are doing.

It makes me wonder how much love God feels for each of us. Must be incredible...

A couple members invited us to eat with them for 설날, so we had lunch with our Bishop and dinner with our Ward Mission Leader. Every year there is a food called 떡국  that they eat on new years. They say that in order to become a year older, you have to eat it. So we had some... and then some more. I think I'm roughly 27 now. Tastes delicious.^^

Other than that, it was a quiet new years. Had Zone Conference this weekend, and learned a lot there, especially about Love, and gaining revelation through our studies. Also talked a lot about how to help investigators come to church, and how to have effective member lessons. I've had some good talks about that with the Zone Leaders this week. Lots of ideas, but still working on application. 

I hope California is doing okay. I've heard that there are droughts, that the ice age is happening again, all sorts of things. Here things are fine. A warmer winter than average. But I hope you guys are okay. You're in my prayers! I love you all, I hope you had a good new years! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment