Sunday, December 2, 2012

2012.12.02 email

Dear Home!

First off, I'm really sorry. The snails aren't haven't trouble swimming. Half of them are just trapped on the shore. The post office is kind of out of the way, (not all that bad, but we rarely have time) and I don't get to go very often. One of the few downsides to my current area. My trainer isn't a big fan of long letters. But don't worry, I've got a small army I should be able to send today. Week 4, Week 5, and if I write it fast enough, this week. Last week I had to write about 10 of them. Love you guys. Promise. They'll get there.

As for your letters, I think there's about a 3 week delay. Not sure.

But that's not important. Big news: Transfers. I'm staying in Pyeongtaek, but Elder Barney's trainer got sent to Daejeon to be an AP. Should be a pretty crazy transfer. But I will be here for Christmas. We're eating breakfast at a member's
house, so we'll probably call while we're there. Plan for 11AM my time, should be 7pm sac time. But if you could, leave some wiggle room, apparently plans are highly subject to change in the mission field.

Man it's crazy. Who would have thought I'd be here for the holidays, in a place that actually celebrates them... Lot's to be grateful for. Speaking of which: after a long drought, we found a group of new investigators! One of them is an awesome family. We didn't actually find them, they found us. Looked online for quite a while from the sounds of it. Mostly for english, but they're pretty open to hear our message. Hopefully it goes well. Gotta get my Korean up, it's coming,
but painfully slow. I'm just glad conversation is getting easier.

I miss you guys so much. Remember the post office I was talking about? I haven't been able to get a hold of the flat rate box yet, and we haven't had time to visit the folk village, but I'm still trying. It'll probably be late though. Definitely not in time for Christmas like I was hoping. But I've got six more weeks, so I should be able to, right? Here's hoping. I'll keep an eye out for nativities too, but so far I haven't seen many.

Gotta start wrapping up. I still have a letter to write to president, and I'm hoping to print some things Bro Petersen sent to help with Korean. Could you tell him thanks for me? I wrote a couple notes for him and Sis Wadsworth, but it's in the huge batch going out today, so who knows when they'll get there. I got an email out to my district at least though. I've really wanted to do that.

I love you guys. Give it a couple weeks, the snails want to see you too. We've just got to finish fighting our way to the shore. =D Haha, hopefully communication will be a bit smoother next area.

But again. Christmas. my time 11am Christmas day, your time 7pm Christmas eve. Here's hoping this time will go better. Anyway, just give me the number to call, and also some skype info. We might try that, so I'd like to keep options open. Can't wait to hear you!

~Elder Robarts

PS:Sorry, wrong email place. Can't send pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment