Sunday, February 24, 2013

2013.02.24 email


Man, so much to say! First off, top secret news which is no longer top secret! We've heard who our new mission President will be. President Shin! Yep, same guy from the MTC. He's already met everyone here. :D

Super crazy. But that's not the end of it! They're opening the Seoul South Mission! Not Seoul West, a new one, but it'll eat up a lot of Seoul and the Northern reaches of Daejeon. Not sure which missionaries will go there, but if I stay here, I'll never see my greeny area (or even zone) again. A little sad about that, but it's okay. Wherever the Lord needs workers, I'll be. The hard part is thinking about the people. People I've served with, missionaries, members... They were there when it was hardest. When I knew Nothing.

Still, super exciting. Looking forward to seeing what happens next. ^^

Anywho, FSS (Family Scripture Study) update. This morning I read Mosiah 10. I love the scriptures. I'm a nerd, but even the story line is entertaining to me. I want to make a really fancy timeline of the BoM when I get back, with  covements and changes, it'd be super fun. :DDD Also, King Benjamin=Awesome. Thanks for naming me after him. ;) (I was named after him, right? Not someone else?)

PSS: Super awesome. I've got to revamp my notes, but it'll wait till I have computer access. Tags, highlights, the works. I found a personal quote a while back. "The notes you take are exactly as valuable as the number of times you read, review, ponder, and apply them." I'm a scribbler. But in there is gold. I have to change so that those veins of gold can be found again. I started reviewing notes once a week, and I can say it helps.

Also, my Temple study has been great. Pretty sure you all know this about me, but I'm a Temple addict. I can't go every week like I used to. Can't go at all at the moment. But I set aside a time each week solely for the Temple. Study, ponder, reflect. That kind of thing. In that, I've seen news things in the impressions I've felt, and I also found some nice things to read. Check out Oct 2010 Ensign and July 2012 Ensign. they're quickly becoming my favorites. (Can you have a favorite? Not really, they're all good.)

Also, Read the NT with the JST. So deep. Finished Alma, so I'm hopping back to Matthew. I love those things. Missing my Institute notes though. I had a ton of them on the parables and miracles of Christ.

Hopping off the spiritual note for a sec, I love my mom. She recommended buying razor blades to last my whole mission. Originally because we weren't sure they'd be here. They are. But EXPENSIVE. Pack of 4: $18. ...Wow.

Also, my chopsticks skills are a ton better now. Are your chopstick skills Korean status? Eat fried chicken with them, no using your hands. >:) It was so hard at first... Still is.

Also, turns out in my district there's a city called 세전시. A "New Seoul", because they don't like the capital being so close to the North Koreans. Leave it to Korea to take on the task of MOVING an entire city. Much less the captial. Fun part, there's a massive, super fancy, empty city. I haven't been there, but I want to. It sounds epic.

By the way, our English class loved the tongue twisters! thanks for finding them! I used the clam one last week. ^^  (Mom, I think he means this one -"How can a clam cram in a clean cream can?")

Not sure if there's more I wanted to cover. Transfer week! But we haven't gotten a call yet. :/ Probably won't move though, so it's not all that important.

Also, Zone activity today, won't have much time. Love you though. Time to try to get some pictures up. (Mom - going up on Facebook)

~Elder Robarts


--- Transfer call came. I'm staying here. Elder 조규원 will be leaving and training in a new area. WOW! So, I'll be getting another Korean companion. (I've had a lot of those. :D His name [I think] is 이영건 장로님) Super Fun. He's a pretty old missionary from the sounds of it. Gotta steal a lot of ideas from him before he dies. Anywho, more info next week. You know, when I get it. ^^

Gotta write mission president! Bye guys! (I went through three spellings of bye before I got that. My english is dying, boys. Nice knowing you.)

~Elder Robarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment