Sunday, February 17, 2013

email 2013.02.17

Okay, letter time!

Gotta use a different computer next time. Almost out of time already.

So, first off, some explanations. Last week P-Day got moved to tuesday. Sorry if that threw things off. I forgot to mention it before.

Anyway, we're back though. And last week was super fun. This area is beautiful. I've learned that I love the look of hills in the mist. Super cool, and we can see it a lot here, just out of the city.

Anyway, I've grown a lot this week too. Mostly learning how to overcome too high expectations. I forget that progression takes time, so I get frustrated when I don't feel like I'm good enough. But I'm getting there. This language is insane, but I'm slowly inching towards recognizing more. Understanding is so hard... I can usually say what I want, but when they talk I get lost so easily...

Anyway, learning though. And I've gotten so much better with my planner and organizing things. I looked at my first one, then my set up now. So much more effective. That makes me happy. Still want to sort a few things out though. But the Lord's house  is a house of order. ^^

Also, I've becoming somewhat of a Student of Pride lately. Fun phrase, no? Heavenly Pride though. You see, pride is trusting yourself and not God. That means if you think you can't do anything, it's forgetting that the Lord is on your side. So, I've been looking back at how He's helped me. And He's done a LOT. For time reasons, I won't go into it. Maybe later. Snail mail? Who knows.

 Also, FSS (Family Scripture Study): (I forgot last week! I wrote it on a snail though) Jacob's tree chapter was so fun. I love it. I had a great diagram of it back home. Seminary notes. Super good explanation. Also, this week I realized I'm a scripture nerd. Omni and WofMormon were so great. So much foreshadowing. :D But you see the people of Limhi, Jaredites, Mulekites. You see SO much more than you see in the first few books of the BoM. The plot just explodes!

Anyway, super cool.

PSS: Helaman's 2000 had such great families. I want to build a family like those.

^^ Also, fun Korean lessons for you. First. Want to see God's influence in your life? Remember the five keys "기"
기역 Remember
기도 Pray
기대 Expect
기다리 Wait
기족 See Miracles

Fun, isn't it? There's a couple fun things like that. Like the word for comfort literally meaning "upward".

So much fun. Also, we had a lesson with a Jehovah's Witness and some guys from 신전지 교회 (Kind of similar, pretty smart people) Haha, good times. Learned that member lessons have risks. Saw a bible bash, understood very little of it. Man they can talk fast when they're excited.

Played 촉구 (foot volleyball) again with an investigator. Man it's addicting. I'll miss it when I come home.

Crazy realization: It's been six months already! Time flies out here... It feels... Nah, not going into the "time flux" tangent. You know what it feels like. A day, an eternity. I can't even tell.

I love you guys so much. I think I'll try to get more pictures sent.
Have fun, enjoy! Thanks for everything!

~Elder Robarts

(note from Mom - pictures going up on Facebook)

(Elder Robarts again)
That's it for now. ^^ Hope you enjoy. I've gotta clean out my camera if the memory is going to last. I forgot how many pictures I take...

Haha, should be fun.

In the meantime, sorry if I forget about questions you ask. I try to write them down. But I still lose track sometimes. I love hearing about life. I forget how long it's been sometimes. It seems like I was just home. But when I think back to my first day in the MTC, it feels like another life. When I get back though, we need a couple things though. Camping, climbing rocks, swimming, and baked things. People don't bake much here.

PS: the Korean culinary student journals continue. 김치 복음밥. Fried rice with kimchi. Think it's spelled rice. Super good. Lot's of stuff you can throw in. Also, 짜장면. Black noodles, orginally china based. Tasty, but it uses a special mix. Not sure how to make it. Good though.

I hope people don't hate me when I get home. I'm going to miss kimchi... As long as there's 김 (seaweed) though, I think I'll be okay. 김밥 Kim bab is so good...

Love you! Times up!

~Elder Robarts
로바트 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment