Sunday, April 14, 2013

2013.04.14 email

Dear Home,
CONFERENCE!!! WOOH!
This was the one time I've been Behind you guys. Man, I love Conference. So short though. I don't have much time, but I loved everything. I especially loved the tag team of Scott and Cook talking about Peace. Powerful stuff. I love you all so much. I wish I could share the feelings I get when I hear conference, but I imagine you all feel somewhat similar.
Words of living Prophets. Literally God speaking through His chosen servants. When they open their mouths, its clear that isn't a mistake.
I am a missionary. I see miracles every day. Yesterday I saw two. There's an investigator I've taught for a couple transfers now. Her and her father. Very little religious background, so we have to go slow, but they've been slowly opening up to the spirit. But the Father has been getting busy. It's hard to meet them together. And the time we meet is hard to bring a male member. There's another person there, but as I've thought more and more, I got the impression that I should let the sister missionaries help. I've prayed a lot that this would go well. And I saw an answer yesterday. She came to conference. She had a great time. She met the sisters, made a lot of friends at church, and she told me at the end that after hearing conference, she understood better why we do what we do as missionaries. A miracle, nothing less.
Later that night I saw another. Knocking doors. Not common here, but I believe in it. I've seen miracles through it, and I saw another today. A door opened. We shared the first lesson. She's had questions exactly like Joseph Smith. Her husband wasn't there, so we just talked at the door, but she asked us to come back.
There are people everywhere, looking for truth. It's hard to find them sometimes, but not hard to look. And that's all God asks. When we do that, He'll make the two click.
I sadly have little time. My comp writes and finishes in about 10 minutes. I feel guilty making him wait.

Just know that I love you more than I can possibly express.
Love you guys, sorry to be brief. But I kind of haven't been. One day I'll have a long winded companion and I can write to my heart's content. (Within our hour limit...)
By the way, the video cut out a lot first session of conference. Super cool experience having the prophets voice stop and our mission mom and mission president's voice cut in without a break, reading from the talks on their phones. Crazy part, when the video came back, it was always super in sync. Powerful experience. What could have been sad, turned spiritual.
Have a good one!
~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment