Tuesday, April 9, 2013

snail mail 2013.003.25 week 21

Dear Home,

So many unsent letters this transfer.  I start writing and I forget it's not my journal.  (Using the same paper at the moment.  Need to find letter paper.)

Anyway, new transfer is about to start.  And a new companion.  Elder Espin, he's been out three months longer than me, and he's my first foreign companion.

I wonder if companion relationships will be different. Can't see how they wouldn't.  I've learned so much about culture since coming here.  We as humans share many of the same needs, but so much about us is unique.  Understanding how a person thinks means everything.  That's wehn you can make an impact.

But I'm excited for this transfer.  The one I'm finishing now was only frour weeks, but it felt a lot longer.

I'm hungry to get on the street and talk to people.  Hungry to explore this area.  There are so many places we haven't worked yet. 

There's a lot I look forward to.  A lot I hope for.  I feel like this might be my last transfer here in (something in Korea), I want it to be special.

There's a lot I've written that I wish I could share, but it wouldn't really be useful.  This has been time for me to grow, but a lot of the things I've learned I can't really express.

God is real.  He speaks to us in the way that is most comfortable for us.  Not always visions or trumpets.  Would you be comfortable in that situation?  (It'd be crazy.  Hard to focus on what He is saying.)  There are other ways, ways that can speak more clearly.  Help our faith grow more.

To me, He speaks through (indecipherable) and ink.  Through my friends, through words of loved ones.  Through scriptures, and the records of my own hands.  Past impressions.

And He speaks through the temple.  Oh, I long to see it; to simply sit within the walls of th House of God.  To feel the sacred power of the Priesthood at work in incredible ways.

I've asked for other signs before. Ive gotten answers, but not the ones I expected.  He shows His love, leads me to what I need.  And He reminds me that signs and visions alone aren't enough.

I've felt things in my life that confirm what I know to be true.  I've received witness enough that doubt cannot linger. It tries to enter so often, but it cannot endure.

For me, at this time in my life, there are other ways, ways that have greater impact even than visions.

Namely, I get to see miracles.  What greater sign could you ask for?  I see lives change.  I see people placed in our path, or us placed in theirs when reason wouldn't have had it happen.

I have yet to see an angel.  But I've seen a lot of their work.  And I look forward to the opportunity.  Just to say thank you.

IIf you are like me, you've put a lot of thought in to your own faith.  Is it enough? Is it strong?  Is it real?

If it bothers you, I submit this suggestion.  Remember, I'm willing to wager He's already given your answer.  He did for me.

A different letter than my jovial ramblings, but I'll end here.   God bless you.  Love you guys.

signed  in Korean


No comments:

Post a Comment