Sunday, May 26, 2013

2013.05.25 email

Dear Home,
Hehe, Super fun. So, the vanilla arrived great! And I've been using it as much for the smell as for cooking. I've missed that smell so much. But it's great! Made some awesome pancakes with it last week. ^^
Life is going great here. Drop dead tired, but great. So far, we haven't had a day where we weren't completely exhausted by the time we get home. But it's been good. Lot's to do, lots of great people. Had to play catchup on records a couple times, but we're doing great. I absolutely love this mission. Elder Lee is amazing, he works so hard, even when we're knocking doors with splitting headaches from being outside too long. Hot here now. Only 70s or 80s temperature-wise, but with humidity, it KILLS. It's raining now though, so it's a little cooler.
Yep, pretty cool. Saw some miracles too. Found a guitar that Elder Lee can play. We've been bringing it to lessons and member visits to play and sing for people. ^^ Awesome. Also met some awesome guys who have questions about the church and the BoM, found out a family is going against their pastor's directions by meeting us. He keeps telling them not to, but they aren't listening. They're so amazing. I KNOW they can get this witness. We're SO close. I'm excited for them more than I can say. I just want to know how I can help them get there. The Lord's time though. Gotta be patient.
Other news. Sunburns aren't too bad here. They burn up the sweat. Otherwise when you sweat, it never goes away. This way it dries off eventually. Also convenient for showers.  I'm not too bad of a lobster yet, but the curse continues. Sunscreen has no effect on me. ㅠㅠ
How are things back home? Everyone okay? I hope the misc health,emotional, spiritual, physical well being trials aren't too bad. I'm still praying fr you guys.
I'm still getting used to changes around here, but it's cool. I like responsibility. I got some surprises Sunday too. They asked me to improvise a lesson because someone was sick. IT was from the conference Ensign that we haven't gotten yet. Thank you audio talks!  Fun though. Also got to bless the Sacrament this week. Felt nice, brought back memories. ^^ Elder Lee did great with his intro talk too. So proud of him, he's amazing.
I've got a letter to send today too! Yay! About time, but in my defense, things are super backlogged here. Even headquarters in Daejeon. We've been working without a lot of supplies lately, so it's been fun. Made some homemade passalong card-like things. Whatever works, right? But our BoM stock is running low, a couple other things too. Hopefully things get sorted out soon. In the meantime, I'm hoping that people believe that old saying. A picture is worth a thousand words. Here's a couple letters. ^^
PS: Fun Fact about my camera. You can access the folders without a computer. I love sorting things. ^^ So useful for the maps too. ^^
Love you guys! I'll try to write more today, but I've gotta go probably. Love you!
~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment