Sunday, June 16, 2013

email 2013.06.16

Wow! What a week. A long one, and one with a rough ending. There's someone we're meeting with that we're really concerned about. I won't go into it, but if you could keep our friends in your prayers, I would appreciate it.
 
Anyway, I'll go ahead and start with the pictures from last week that I promised.

Dear Home,
 
This week was yet another missionary emotional roller coaster. Met an awesome family whose son is a GENIUS. Liked reading books since he was a kid. Self taught himself guitar, art, English, probably more. And he's good at them all. Especially English. ONLY book study, yet there's no accent, his feel of natural grammar is amazing... He's pretty much fluent. And such a cool kid. Likes going to church. ^^ We're trying to set up FHE with them and another family from the ward. ^^
 
Some hard times too, but we won't dwell on it. The Lord is with us. And transfers came. Nothing happened. Elder Lee and I are in for another super short transfer. Man I love this place. We've been having so much fun. Elder Lee is great with the guitar, and we found a damaged one in the streets. So we took it, cleaned it up, got it strung, and we've had it everywhere with us. So good for building relationships with people. Note to preparing missionaries: LEARN AN INSTRUMENT. It will serve you well.
 
I love you guys. Life is crazy here. Meeting tons of new people, including one whose English name is Jack Sparrow. An MC for disabled centers. Awesome guy, looking for God. Another who is a manager at one of these construction sites. Wants to show us around. Apparently has seen missionaries on the street quite a bit. ^^
 
I love this work. It's real. It's exciting. But I should probably get going pretty soon. Pictures took longer than I thought.
 
I hope everyone is doing well. I know here, I've been feeling more and more at home, but I still think of my real home a lot. Mostly people. So much can change in such a short time. I don't believe it's almost been a year... Gotta give it my all. Love you guys! Till next time!
 
~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment