Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Snail mail postmarked 27.05.2013


( and written on pretty stationery with flowers)

    Ah, the joys of moving into a sister's house. Letter paper!
    But yea, a little crazy around here. Lots of things changing around here.
    So, let's start from the top
Elder Lee, a super star of a missionary. He's a track runner from Washington, loves exercising and wants to become a personal trainer. Plays piano, guitar, downright wizard at half the things he does. So fun to work with.
And we've seen some really cool miracles already. People who were converted (or at least baptized) decades ago finding an interest in the gospel again, new people coming out of nowhere that we can teach. Lots of less actives it feels like. I think that's what we are needing to learn now. How to help them.
    I feel like rubbish not being able to write. Home, loved ones, even my journal some days. There's a lot to do at night. Then there are days you just want to collapse.
    But I'll try to write again, even if it's not great. We're seeing miracles. New people moving into the ward, less actives appearing out of nowhere that we can help. Super cool new investigators. We met one this week, talked to him on the street. He said he had to go study, so we gave him our number and invited him to call when he had time. That same day we met with him.
    At first he said he didn't have interest or background in religion, but as he read the intro to the Book of Mormon, you could see his face change.
    He said he was more interested, but he wanted time to think. So we gave him a copy and said we'd love to answer his questions.
    The Book of Mormon is something he can feel. It'll help him.
    So many people like that... Elder Lee is incredible. Devoted, hardworking, fun. I get along great with him.
    It feels so strange to be here. To think that I'm considered one of the “older” missionaries now. I still feel like I just got here.
    As for the four man house, it probably doesn't help letter writing. If you're not swamped with people to call, there's always something to distract you. Something crazy going on.
    But I'm glad for it. It's a good stress reliever, especially as a greeny. It helped me a lot to have someone other than my trainer to talk to. So for Elder Lee, it's great. And the food possiblities are great.
    We're even getting fruit that's in season. (Pretty cheap here if you buy it at the right time) Smoothies in a missionary house... never thought Id see the day. Bu yeah, breakfast burritos, fried rice, kimchi chigae, so good. I've missed cooking like this.
    Yep, I love you guys. Korea, too. Missionary work is insane, but exciting. Every day new things happen.
    Learned something. Never fall into the trap of a post-zone activity Costco trip. Not really that great of an idea. There wasn't even chocolate. Got some salsa and tortillas though. Back to Mexican/Korean combo foods. Gotta love it.
    But, yeah, I think I figured out where the time goes. To things that seemed like a good idea.
    Anywho, some miracles we've been seeing lately: we're still meeting that really awesome family I mentioned, they've just been a little busy. But we're at the point where all they need is that answer for themselves. They're ready really. We just need to keep inviting.
    Another family, recent converts, just moved in, super excited t meet wit them. Part member family, too, I think. But they seem really friendly.
    Then there's the military base. We've got a member there that started talking with some other guy there. They're in a military hospital, so they have a lot of time to talk. They started on religion, and he wanted to share, but he doesn't feel like he knows enogh. He couldn't answer their questions, so he called us.
    It's so awesome. He loves the Gospel. And every week we got to visit him and a new group of friends he brings. Planting seeds. One of them even asked about finding the church when he goes home in 3 months. Wanted to talk to the missionaries there.
    Never quite had anything like it. It's incredible how the Lord has put things into place. How many people will get to hear the Gospel because this one member has a desire to share?
    They aren't able to come to church while still soldiers, but we're planting seeds here, and it's an incredible place for it. I love this member, his testimony is so pure.
     2013.05.26
    A couple other cool people we're working with. A family that I want to accept the Gospel so badly. They feel like members already. Their spirit is incredible. And they're going against their pastor to meet us. He's telling them not to. I know the Gospel will bless them. When I close my eyes, I can see them at the temple. I want it so badly. They've been busy lately, so it's been hard to meet, but they want to. And we want to. Pray for them. Pray that they'll feel something special.
    (We met them last night, so it's hard to focus on writing something else)
    We found a guitar in the road in a trash pile. Cleaned it up, got strings, Now Elder Lee and I can do musical spiritual thoughts. He's pretty good at guitar, too. Forgot to mention that.
    Anyway, the guitar is named Elder Carlos. Oh yeah! And the mushroom has a name too. 저 도 Kinda simple, but I like it. The flower is Jane. If you ask why, 저 도 sounds a little like John Doe, so they're John Doe and Jane Doe. Cute, eh?
    We use them to practice teaching. 저 도 is our guy investigators and Jane is our female ones.
    I love you guys. I'm sorry I'm so bad about writing. I feel so stretched. I can't do what I need to. Journals, letters. There are even some people here I've wanted to write to, but there's never time.
    I'm definitely experiencing missionary work though. Elder Lee and I are run ragged right now. Usually getting in around 9:05, 910. Yesterday 9:29. Always racing to get home.
    But we're meeting miracles! Lots of people disappearing or unable to contact, but sommy more people that we meet that have incredible potential.
    I want Elder Lee to see a baptism here. These people are too amazing to lose. They're almost there. I wish I could help them make that last step.
    This Gospel is true. I know it is. I've seen too many people try and fail to convince me otherwise to doubt that.
    Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. This life is short, but not the end. I look forward to standing before our Father in Heaven again, and when we do, I want it to be clear that I shared this message with as many as I could.
I'm not perfect. I make mistakes every day. I'ms still preparing for that day. But as weak as I am, I know the strength of my Redeemer. I'm His missionary. And I give my testimony in His name. Even Jesus Christ.
      Until next time guys. I love you.
    Elder Robarts (in Korean)

No comments:

Post a Comment