Sunday, December 1, 2013

2013.12.01 email

Hello! Thanks for all the Birthday wishes. I'll be completely honest, I forget when it is sometimes. But it was great. I had a good quiet birthday this year, got to partake of the Sacrament. ^^ But it had a couple unplanned surprizes. A member of my district came down really sick. He's still not doing very well, so if you can keep him in your prayers, that would be amazing.
I wanted to mention though. The handwarmers are amazing. (To be completely honest, I guessed what they were. So... When we got a cold spell, I may have opened them early. Hoped you wouldn't mind.) I showed them to a member here and it turns out they sell them here too. At unexplainable places called 문구s. (One stop student shop. Office supplies, fun odds and ends, best places to explore.) Those ones aren't as good quality, but they're a good addition. The ones here have a about a 5 minute lifespan, so they're good flares to thaw out your hand so it still works right. (Not that it's gotten that cold yet.) Wouldn't have found them without the ones you sent, so thanks! I don't expect to have cold hands any time soon.
Other than that, we've been working hard to meet investigators. They're all super busy, so it's hard to find time, but they're doing great. Thank you so much for your prayers! That's been a big topic lately. The one place where missionaries and members can always be united is through prayer. Pray for them, and ask them to pray for your investigators. Such a big blessing, one I've seen a lot here.^^
I love you all. I don't say that enough. Lately we've been seeing so many little miracles, I know this work is true. I may beat myself down a lot because I don't feel enough sometimes, but I love this work. I've been recognizing the power of the small and simple things lately. Gratitude. Prayer. The Book of Mormon. How often do we think of the divine love of God, so powerful that He reaches out to us every moment, regardless of our choices? How often does He forgive, uplift, and sanctify us? I ask people on the street all the time if they've ever thought about God, or the purpose of our lives. I used to be surprized when they told me they hadn't. But it's easy to forget. He's our Father. Jesus Christ is His Son, and our Redeemer. He's shown us the way to return. I don't think we can thank Him enough for that.
It's Christmas season, thanksgiving season. I've been shocked by how many traditions I've been sharing out here. Turns out there were a lot. Thanks to mom for that. I didn't realize just how powerful they were until now. The tradion in mind today is our thankful chain. Thanksfiving to Christmas, writing down the things we're grateful for. Then reading them together. I liked to share Alma 26:8 as we talked about it. One sister we visited said that she'd been thinking about a way she could help her family be more thankful. She was really grateful that we shared it. Turns out the Lord is pretty knowing of the needs of His children.
Awesome week, despite some hardships. Out of time though. I love you guys! Have a great week!
~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment