Sunday, December 8, 2013

2013.12.08 email

Dear Home,

Sorry, not much time this week. First P-day of transfer, we had a service project, and between a couple other things, not much time left. Lot's of news for President too. So, I've got a little time left.

This week was awesome. I invested time in making some cups for teaching the restoration. (They're pretty nice, and they've already seen a lot of use.) I'll send pictures.
Also, that member of my district who was sick is completely better now, and we saw a couple miracles this week. I'm still in 풍향 (Wind) by the way. (Yep, and it sure gets windy sometimes. Not bad now though.^^) Forgot that transfer calls came after email. Not much changed. One sister finished her mission and is heading back to the states, so a new one transferred here, but other than that, no one moved. Not everyday you see that. ^^ But I love this place. The people we get to work with are incredible. And we're meeting a lot of new people recently. We're focusing on BoM and gratitude in teaching, and learning to recognize the blessing the Lord has given us. Should be good.^^

We're hoping that we'll be able to Baptize one person before Christmas, and right now there are two people in mind. One of them said he feels like the church is true, but says its hard to leave the church he's already attending and the people he knows there. The other is a man who has been seeking more faith for years. We met him when I first got here, he's golden really. Says he wants to be baptized, but doesn't always feel ready. He got busy with preparing for tests lately, and it was hard contacting him for a long time, but he suddenly texted us a couple weeks back. He finished his first test, and he wants to meet us again. Planning on this Wednesday. Keep them in you prayers! ^^

I love you all. I love the power of the Book of Mormon. I love the simpleness of the Gospel. I've had the chance to hear a lot of the beliefs of other churches here. Some mislead, some blatantly taking away from the savior, but every time I'm led back to my testimony that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that Joseph Smith, it's translator, was and is God's Prophet. God lives.

I'm out of time, but you're in my prayers. Until next time!

~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment