Friday, August 24, 2012

2012.08.24 snail mail scanned

A letter in the mail today! Since he did part of it in Korean and I don't know how to do that, I scanned the letter.  Here it is.  Can you read it?



Ok, that's pretty hard to read, isn't it? Here it is:

Dear Home,

Lots happening, here but the days are staritng to blur.  It doesn't feel like a week since last P day.

Since my last letter, we've taught our investigator quite a bit last week, and this week we started a new one.  How'd it go?  Kinda varies from lesson t lesson, every other day goes well, then we have a lesson where nothing we try to say makes sense.

Anyway, it's always a  surprise when the people here start speaking English.  Our investigator from week one started teaching us this week.  Fun fact, gospel terms like Faith, repentance, baptism... They don't know what that means in Korean. It's just like English.  Wasn't expecting that...  So, this week I've been studying alternative terms.  A prophet is a messenger of God, a testimony is a witness, faith is belief, that kind of thing. Makes the lessons go a lot smoother.

Anyway, fun times.  I'm doing well here.  It 's crazy here almost constantly, but I'm good.  And I'm starting to pick out bits and pieces of Korean when people talk. 

Some exciting news, Some native Korean speakers came in last night.  I haven't met most of them yet, but it's pretty cool.  SYL anyone? (I'm gonna die...)

The temple last week was incredible.  I'm really looking forward to it.  We did  sealings last time, and it was the first time for the other Elders of my district.  We've been going in a group a lot, but last week the (Korean word) wanted to do an endowment session, so it was just the guys.  We might do endowments today, though.  I still have some names to take through.

I'm beginning to love P days.  Still frantic, but it lets us take care of all those things we never have time for otherwise.

On a spiritual note, the Gospel is simple.
(4 lines of Korean)

You can't really sue more complex ideas when speaking another language.  I'm learning the grammar forms, but the ones that hit home with those you teach are the ones you can put your heart into.  The very foundation of your testimony.  To me that's pretty awesome.

-- lots my train my train of thought, when a computer opens up here, you jump on it.

Life is good though.  Scripture study is really different when you're doing it for someone else.  Preparing lessons ... very fulfulling.

I think I'll wrap up here though.  I've got some notes I want to write.
(Korean)
(signed in Korean)


No comments:

Post a Comment