Sunday, November 18, 2012

2012.11.18 email

Wow, exciting news! Congrats on the new calling , you'll do great!  (Mom just got called to teach the older teens Sunday School class)  And
Congrats to all the mission calls, engagements, etc., that was awesome
to see!

Anyway, not sure how much time I'll have this time, but I might be
able to send pictures. Fingers crossed.

As for some other stuff:
Things are crazy here. More and more I realize how spoiled we are here. I can't believe how good we have it. First area, during the Holidays, right next to a military base. It's hard to be away from home, but we're VERY taken care of. So don't worry about a thing. And don't feel like you guys have to send packages. It costs a small fortune, and I know that you love me and what not. I mean, I've gotten three in three weeks. I'm super grateful, but I know it's not easy. I love letters. A little more managable, and I get to hear from you. That's what I really cherish out here. (homeside at least. Lot's of work related stuff to be grateful for)

Now, for me, it's another story. I've got a super supportive Military branch that lets me ship packages as if I was in the states. Don't expect it next year, but I'll see what fun Korean things I can find to send home. Just in time for Christmas, right? Two side branches off of that. One: I love the package (sort of) within a package. I got your thanksgiving one, so now I get to wait a little while to open the other stuff you sent. Thanks! I wrote about it briefly, but Jeong is everything out here. And with the Butterfingers you send, I don't think I'll have trouble keeping up good Jeong with Sister Furniss at least. She's the best. I'll have to
write about those two and a couple others in the letter this week. It'll be my fourth one home, hopefully sent today or tomorrow.

Second branch, I wrote in a letter about the different suits here. Shiny, not sure if you guys have seen them. A lot of missionaries get suits here because it's cheaper than the states, better quality. (We /are/ a suit mission by the way. Conference to Conference we switch, 6 months no suits, 6 months suits.) I thought about it for a while, but I don't think I'll do it. At least not yet. If a suit dies, I'll consider it, but's not as cheap in this area, so I'll definitely wait and see.

I love you guys, I'm trying hard to remember what to write, but it may wait for snail mail. (So in four weeks you'll know what I forgot.)

Definitely share my congratulations and excitement with everybody. That's some awesome news! More stuff for snail mail. Is it okay that I'm sending bulk stuff home? It makes postage easier. ^^

Love you lot's, but now I'll try to do pictures.

PS: Stake conference, mission tour with Elder Ringwood, Primary Presentation at the military branch, lot's of good things going on.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment