Sunday, March 3, 2013

2013.03.03 email

Dear Home,

So, this week the new transfer started. gonna be fun. All three area seniors got switched out, so we've got three young missionaries (me, my older 동기 and my younger 동기) introducing the area. And it's big.  Biggest in the mission. TONS of info here. And the area was recently opened for Elders, so a lot of my records are still in the process of being organized. Mostly copies.

Turns out, I love this kind of situation. I learned recently just how much I know about this area. You pick up a lot over six weeks. Anyway, this transfer is really short. 4 weeks. And my comp is dying this transfer, so at this point I'm pretty sure I'm here for a while. My comp is going home early for a leg problem, so it's a little hard to work sometimes. It hurts him a lot. (Might be milking it, but I won't worry about it.) I use a lot of my spare time now organizing records.
Sorry letters and journals, I'll get back to you, I promise. But when we did the mission deep clean, I found three new maps we could use. So I'm updating records, finding addresses,  that kind of thing. Most areas have taps to help find important places, but this area hasn't made them yet. (New area)

The way I see it, this transfer is mostly preparing the area for training. We've got 21 missionaries coming in four weeks, and there are rumors Yuseong is going 4 elders, plus the 4 sisters already here. Crazy. Anyway, if I don't get these records better in order, a greeny would never stand a chance. :D

Anyway, having fun. Fun quotes, most of which are from my journal:
"Little acts of kindness seem easy to forget to all but those who receive them."
"You came to enlighten the world!" The Patriarch here.
"Christ is nearest when you can't feel Him." (With exceptions of worthiness.)
"In missionary work, one of your main focuses is staying worthy of the miracles God puts in your path. Alone, you can't do anything. But as you work diligently, do your part and pray, you'll see miracles happen. That's where missionaries see success."

So, FSS: Abinadi was great, gotta say. No fear, never let himself be stopped from sharing his message. once that was done, nothing else mattered. Also, I love Mosiah 18 (read that this morning) Alma's invitation was amazing. So simple, so powerful. Check it out.

PSS: Miracles are everywhere. I've talked about them a little before, and I don't have time to go into new stuff now, but I've been studying them a lot. Pretty amazing. But looking at the life of Christ, (reading NT with JST and Jesus the
Christ) has been amazing. So much power. Christ works through small things. He doesn't wait for us to have perfect faith. He called to Peter to walk on the water, knowing he would falter. He does it to help us grow. And we can if we rely on Him. I've seen that a ton.

As always, everyone are in my prayers. Miriam, Elder Gerszewski, the family. Everyone back home. I miss you guys a lot sometimes. I think about people, wonder what they're up to. But my mind is caught up in the work. I wish you all the best.

So, the fun part.

Daejeon Roulette. I'm not much for speculation on transfers, but even I've been thinking about this one. In July, Seoul South Mission goes official. The missionaries there become permanent. For Daejeon Mission, that means anyone serving in Suwon Zone when that transfer hits is gone.

Will I be one of them? No idea, but either way there are pros and cons. It's my greeny area. But there are so many missionaries it'd be hard to leave. Up to the Lord. Fun part is: I'm killing a missionary. Then I have to introduce the area to a new missionary. By that time, I'd have been in Yuseong for a pretty long time. That means potentially I could be moving during that transfer. Scary. Anywho, I
won't worry about it. I've got other problems. Lot's of 18 year old missionaries that need trainers. And I'm losing a comp when 21 of them are coming. Haha...

Should be fun. But a little about my companion. 이양건 E, from Seoul, dies this transfer. Pretty cool to see a Korean enter an area though. We took a tour, and an hour later he saw a map and charted the path we took (we'd been walking for about 2 hours) He picks up names like nothing (not surprising), and he even checked phone records to see when DL's usually call for this area. Not too bad. I picked up a couple good skills from that. His leg hurts a lot. He got treatment a
while back, but it still acts up. But he's kind of a laid back guy, so I've gotta be careful not to let things slow down too much. There's a lot of work to do.

Anyway, gotta email president, and there are some pictures I want to
send. Love you guys!

(look for pictures on Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment