Friday, March 29, 2013

2013.03.18 week 20 snail mail

Dear Home,

So, I haven't found new letter paper yet.  Trying to find something distinctive, fun.  This is just journal paper.  (Which I also need to restock.  I write a lot.)

So, I have a Babylon companionship right now-- (they exist in Korea! who knew??) [note from Mom - in a Zion companionship, companions share shopping, cooking and eating.  In a Babylon companionship, although they go shopping together - they are together 24/7 - they each shop for themselves, and cook and eat their own food individually] And it's actually not bad.  Eating better than I have my whole mission.  복음밥 (fried rice), ㅈ지 괘, pancakes with fresh strawberries, usually getting in some veggies instead of constant just rice and meat.

Potatoes, onions, 김치 (kimchi), lots of good stuff.  I'e been able to stock up a bit little by little. I've even got fresh strawberries! (great with jam and toast at night)

Good snacks, too.  I'm a munchy guy.  Found a 30(I think cent sign there) ice cream place.  ^^ Between that, choco pies, toast and strawberries, and hot chocolate, I'm set.

I found some cereal for under 2,000w, so I got some of that too.  Ate it with strawberries. First time in literally months that I have eaten cereal.  Pretty fun.

So yeah, Babylon isn't too bad.  When you don't buy a ton of meat, our budget is actually pretty nice.  And Korean food is awesome.  (You just have to remember to set aside living expenses. Travel, grooming, you get the idea. My comp doesn't like eating out, so we save bit there. Just lose proselyting time always having to come back home.  : /  (Kind of far from our area.)

I don't know why Koreans don't like sandwiches. ... Eating on the go doesn't fly here.  Eating is a social thing.

Anywho, that's my food life.

I am actually really healthy right now.

Plus I'm seeing miracles again! Lot's of them.  My companion has trouble with his leg sometimes.  Makes it hard to 전도 (People generally speed up a little when we say hi) A couple times he's had to tke a rest at a bench wile I 전도 nearby.  Not quite as easy doing it alone, can't really talk to as man people.  I've gotten a little discouraged about it sometimes, but I've beenpraying alot.

Once we had to go to a (physical therapy) hospital (more on those later) so afterwards we were going straight to English class at the church.  About 3 to 4 blocks.  that week it'd been hard to get outside and talk to people. So I prayed.  I just wanted to find one person.  And he came.  We talked about church, I introduced the Book of Mormon, he accepted a copy, and now he is investigating.  No English interest too.  Those are hard to find.

Had another experience like that. 전도ing at a park while m companion rested, talked to 13 people before I found him.  Originally Buddhist, now Christian, diligently studies the Bible but hadn't heard of the Book of Mormon, wanted to learn more.  (Lives in Seoul though, so gotta pass contact info up to them.)

It never fails to amaze me how the Lord works miracles everyday.  It's those times I'm most discouraged, closest to giving up, showing the most faith that something happens.  In 핌택 it happened a lot. The same thing is starting here.  It's incredible.

It's His work.  I know it.  This transfer it has been really hard to do missionary work.  But He's lifted us up.  Helped us. 

What a blessing it is to know the Lord is our Savior.  Personally involved in our lives.  If you pay attention, you can see it.

The gospel is true.
As a missionary when there is nothing more to say, this one statement cancarry your testimony to the hearts of those you teach, even to confirm to yourself what you know to be true.  It makes you ask why, how do you know?

And then you remember the experiences that led you to that testimony.

(Don't try coming back to a half written spiritual thought.  It comes out really weird. Point is, be grateful you have this in your life. [If you don't, check it out.  It's super cool.]) There, that's about it.

A brief discussion on hospitals.
Before coming, I heard people hang out at hospitals here.  Found out why.  They're a little different. Lots of small ones.  Evaluation set-ups and physical therapy mostly.  Big cases are referred elsewhere.

So people go to relax, have heat lamp, that kind of thing.  Kinda fun, I guess.  C

Culture. = D  Lots of pharmacies too.  Essentially vitamin shots.  Some bigger stuff, but that usually needs something from the hospital.

Wrapping up now.  Love you guys.  Having fun.  Living the Gospel.  Finding my inner peace. 
초 바트 ㅈ아로     

No comments:

Post a Comment