Friday, March 29, 2013

2013.03.11 snail mail week 19

(disclaimer - sometimes Elder Robarts writes a word in Korean.  I found a virtual Korean keyboard and will TRY to copy it.  If you know Korean, you will certainly find errors! - Mom)

Dear Home,

So, I've written a couple letters I haven't sent this week.  More thinking to myself than anything else.  But I learned a few things while writing them that I wanted to share.

I am exceptionally happy right now, even though there are a lot of things happening that I wish I could change.  I'm simply learning the lesson that happiness is a chosen attitude.  While thinking about it, I realized that "happiness" wasn't under the Christ-like attributes in PMG. Wondered why, until I realized.  It's a by-product of Christ-like living.

Regret, sorrow, disappointment.  Those are more deadly than any other dart the adversary uses.  Because he's so good with them.  He makes us doubt, worry, give up.
 
But we don't need to feel them.  We can choose not to.  So why is it so hard  at times to make that choice? I think it's a matter of faith.  Not faith in God, that's easy.  You can always rely on Him.  No, I think it's faith in ourselves.  That can be hard.  With such great potential, we forget that it's natural to be imperfect.  That learning takes time.

So yes, hard times come.  Sometimes  very hard times come.  But just as in Mosiah 24:15, we can be cheerful.  And life is better that way.

Anyway, we had a nice p-day to day.  No legendary Tie Lady (to missionaries, everyone knows her) couldn't find the shop.  -sigh- But I bought some potatoes and strawberries.  Korean prices change a ton by the season, so right now strawberries are getting alot cheaper.  Yeah!!  Happy camper.

Also what appears to be seafood sausage. (It was cheap) Tastes a little wierd, but not bad.  Potatoes make everything better.

Why do I always talk about food? Everyone loves food.  Anywho, loving life.

So, I am pretty much out of what I wanted to say.  Email covered it. I'll save some room in case I think of something.

PS: This is the last sheet on this pad of paper. I guess I need new letter paper...

Time for something deep or inspirational.
Going to a zoo next week maybe.  Zone activity.  Should be fun.  Kind of a short transfer, wasn't sure if we'd do anything.      But zoos are fun.  I've been really depressed about animals lately.  Not always treated well here.  = (  Maybe this will help.  But when I get home, I kind of want to spoil the first animal I see with love and affection.

Animals and handicap people.  Both have it hard here too often.  Be grateful for the blessings you have, guys.

I'm so happy with the relationship I've formed with the Lord lately.  So long I'd been busy stressing over improving.  This transfer hs made me stop and lean on Him more.  He's given me a lot more peace than I thought I could feel now.  He always looks out for me.  Hard to wrap your head around someone so amazing.

Growth is great, but really depressing or lame in letters.  Don't worry, I'll have more upbeat stuff next transfer.  = P

초 바트 ㅈ아로                          
Odd way to end a letter.  sorry, folks
Rest assured, by the time you read this, my problems will be long gone.  And also know this.  No matter what happens, God has looked out for me.  Cool, heh? =D

No comments:

Post a Comment