Sunday, March 17, 2013

2013.03.17 email

Dear Home, Good news: I love you and get to write to you. Bad news: This computer is retarded. Can't really downspace. (We're at a different one than usual. Not sure why. Companion wanted to look for a shop before he goes home. I think it's nearby..)  Anyway, this email won't look pretty.          First off, I've got my first Babylon Companionship. Turns out they do exist here. Just SUPER uncommon. Not too bad really. I've learned that I like budgeting my own food. And I'm eating WELL. ^^ Everyday I can make kimchi fried rice with potatoes and onions (healthy), I've got baking supplies, I found a cheap ice cream place. 30cents. Not bad. I even have fresh strawberries. Lembas and strawberries... That and the jam and chocolate. I'm a happy camper. I'm actually eating some plants again. And I haven't eaten too much meat in weeks. (I've learned I quite possibily could go vegitarian after this. or at least a very little amount.)        Also, I've discovered the simple joys of life. Finding a song I haven't listened to in ages. Clorox music. Pirates. Ask Joe or Andrew.     Also, another missionary found a pre copyright hymnbook in Korean (don't judge me) so I copied a couple. Come thou fount was even in there! (That's my mission song by the way. Sung it a lot in Pyeongtaek and singing it again here next week. But in Korean!)  Also, I found "If you could hie to kolob." Translated it during language study, some parts I like better in the korean version. Especially v5. Try to get a picture sent later.        Oddly enough, I'm quite sure the Hunger Games will remind me of my mission a lot when I get home. The setting (not the plot) was seriously based off Korea. The super dense cities and then sudden wall that separates it from nature. The doors, the transportation, everything. Even fashion. The old grandmas are pretty awesome. Super bright and hipster. I want a picture so bad. Patience. But anyway,went to a barbor shop. Fancy one, (companion wanted a good haircut before he goes home. ...I like the cheaper one's style better) it had a chandellier. (and I don't care about spelling anymore) Everybody was dressed weird, extreme style haircuts... Minus the color, it was Hunger Games. And some of them even had color. Where am I?      Spiritual stuff: FSS: Lot's of good this time. People of Alma were great to learn about. I've been needing a lot of patience lately. Sometimes missionaries don't die easily. But I've learned to be happy. Pretty nice, actually. And the Lord has helped me. Seen miracles this transfer. Meeting people who want to learn more. Non-english interest investigators. So nice... There are things I'd like to change. A lot. But I can wait. I also learned that things aren't permanent. And Alma's people taught me perspective. I'm not in bondage really. I'm not killed for praying. I've got it pretty good. I even have strawberries. (Those who know me well know the meaning behind that.I'vehadalongobsensionwithstrawberries.)(Thespacebarjustwentout.Sorryguys.)(So,Imightwrapuphere.Thisletteristerrible.Pictures?Iftheyworkmaybe.(Reallyquick,Ihadafavor:Canyougetmoretonguetwisters?Theylovethemhere!Weplayedhotpotatotonguetwisterwithafrizbee.SuperfunEngClass.)(Canyoureadthis?Ipromiseit'snotonpurpose.Nevercomingbackhereagain.)(Suchasitis,thisisit.MaybenexttimeI'llgetsomethingbetter.)(PS:Thanksfortheinputonthefan!I'llfiguresomethingout.Imaytrytofinda촉구netheretosendhome.It'ssuperfun.AndIdon'tknowiftheyexistinthestates.

Sorry it was acting up like crazy. Thought I might lose what I wrote. Space bars works again though. Anyway... It's been a long transfer. And no zoo today. Raining. I love the rain though. It's one of the few things I can always smell. (my nose doesn't work sometimes.) And it reminds me of the Temple. (Still no downspace.) Time for pictures. (pictures going up on Facebook - Mom)

I was going to send a recording of us practicing Come Thou Fount, but it won't work here. Maybe later. (It wasn't really good. Sounds weird when the guys part is louder than everything else... )(This computer isn't very good. Crashed, my mp3 got caught in the crossfire. Froze up, but I think it's okay. Later.)  Anyway, before I leave, I love you guys! ~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment