Sunday, March 10, 2013

email 2013.03.10 (Sacramento) (03.11 Korea)

Dear Home,

I love you guys!

(note from Mom - usually I send Elder Robarts a short email each Sunday and he replies with his email home.  Last week I didn't get the email out,  But he wrote anyway, as you recall)

Don't worry about last week, sounds like you guys were pretty busy. Hope everything is okay. I finally got last week's letter sent this morning, so it'll be a bit late. Not much though. A couple notes mostly.

Anyway, this transfer has been a little different than most. I learned this time just how much I was able to learn about working here, but I'm not able to do much. My companion is having a really hard time right now with some health problems, so working is really hard. He might be going home early because of it. But keep him in your prayers. In the meantime, we can't really work for long stretches of time. There's a lot of stopping to rest, and a couple times we've had to go home early and work in the appartment. But I've found some work I can do there, so it's okay. Organizing! Just like old times. :DD

So, mom mentioned earlier about how I might miss Korea. Simple homes, awesome food. True, I do like that most homes can clear away a lot of furniture when not using it, making nice open spaces. And I'll miss the food. But with a little Kim and Kimchi every now and then I'll be fine. And American food has it's perks too. I've missed dairy bread and vegitables. Here there's fruit, but kimchi is the main vegi. Actually, I don't know. ---moving on.

FSS: Today I read Alma 25. Man, I love these guys. The story of Alma's people is incredible. Not much time, but take a look at the difference between Limhi's escape and Alma's. They both made it, but Alma just walked out the front door. You can count on the Lord. Easier than yourself really.

Also, interesting scripture on Authority. Mosiah 21:33. It's important. Worthiness too. This scripture tags both. Nice.

PSS: Mission tour! Man, I love it. Answered several prayers I'd said the night before. Talked about the spirit, the comforter. Trusting in God. So many good things.

Also taught about studying. The field is ripe, but are our sickles sharp? Also, smile when you study (that was new) "It doesn't say anything about it in chapter 2 PMG, but do it anyway." It's true, it helps.

"When you are living the Gospel, most thoughts are prompted by the spirit." Deep. Not sure who said it though. Homework for you guys, I've got no google.

Also, I love Matt 16 (right now I'm studying new testament with JST and Jesus the Christ. SO nice.)
It speaks volumes about the divinity of Christ, as well as the importance of His work. No time to go into it as well as I'd like though. It's in my study journal.

Also, I have a favor. Could you send a couple General Conference things in these emails? We have the CDs at home, you should be able to attach them directly without too much trouble, (I think) and I should be able to pull them from here. (PS : Found a cheap memory card for my mp3 player, so it should be good. [it might be used to store pictures if I run low on my camera card...]) Thanks! I've been missing talks. Ensign is good, but no time to read.

Also, weather has officially changed now. It took about a day. Got really hot all of a sudden, about (don't know how strong, but strong) wind came through all day, and now it's spring!

The Wind rain snow cycle is over now I guess. That means it'll start heating up now. Snap. I've already shed my coat, but I can't ditch the suit until conference. I'll probabl still wear it for a while though.

That might be about it.

This week has been a little rough. I miss missionary work, going outside. We spend a /lot/ of time indoors. But a lot of it is just health. Can't change that. There might be more, but that too is out of my hands. So you gotta do what you can. I just wish there was more of that. I can't really help as much as I want to.

Don't listen to me though. I'm a missionary. No matter what, I'm the happiest person in the world. I have the gospel. And for 2 years, I get to SHARE it. A thought keeps entering m head this week. "Sometimes I have moments of sudden euphoria as I realize exactly what I'm doing. Glimpses of eternity."

The work is real guys.

...And I've got pictures!  (note from Mom - the pictures will be on Facebook)

~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment