Saturday, September 8, 2012

mailed 2012.09.01

translated from Korean
Family and Friends, dear,

So, this week there have been a few cool experiences I wanted to share.  The most exciting is probably our progressing investigators.  Last week my companion and I were on fire.  There was one day we were having a rough time, but after we stopped to have a companionship inventory, it was like we were in sync.  Even during personal study, we were finding the exact same insights and topics we wanted to share.  And believe me, it showed.

One investigator agreed on a date to be baptized,and another tha we were havaing alot of trouble with prayed with us for the first time.  Pretty cool experience.

I love my companion.  We're complete opposites in a lot of ways, but when we're on our game, we work well together.  It's kind of cool to see how the companionships are arranged.  We all seem well matched.  We push each other, and we know how to lift each other up.  It's kind of funny though. During companionship inventory I promised to help keep my companion focused if he helps me loosen up.  So far I think we're doing a good job.

On the language front, things are insane, and last week we learned what our teacher described as teh two hardest forms for us to learn.  Most complex, probably not, but for our level of understanding, they'll e the hardest to pick up.  Luckily, it's not too  bad.  The hardest part is knowing which to use.

On the spiritual side again, Thomas S Monson's birthday celebrations was awesome!  We saw it Sunday, and it was literally the firs time we've heard non-hymn music since we got here.  Pretty cool songs, especially "Bri(ng Him Home".  good times

But anyway, life is going well.  I always forget waht I want to write about when I get time.

One thing that's awesome about Korean.  Jesus Christ is 명. 예수  and example is 예.  How cool is that?  Language is deep.

Also, I'm almost positive that the brother of Jared was older.  I'll ask Petersen, but I'm seeing 형 in here, and that's for older.  cool, heh?

Hate to say it, but I may wrap up here.  If I think of anything, I'll try to write again, but I want to mail this today.

~ 롭바조  장로  
(or something like that, but probably not quite.  I tried to copy his writing on a virtual Korean keyboard, then run it through a translator.  I got "Rob the Elders" So I don't think I am quite there. )

PS - 
Man, this place is crazy.  Next week the older district leaves, and we are the older district.

But it's cool.  And it's awesome to see the new missionaries come in this week.  That was fun.  I just wish our schedules lined up better.  Apparently Asian districts have wierd schedules.

I'll really miss the older district, though.  They were/are some pretty awesome guys.  And a few of the  guys coming to Daejeon I'm really excited to serve with.  

Ah, the pull of Korea.  It'll be a blast.  

Anyway until next time. 

~ 롭바조  장로

No comments:

Post a Comment