Thursday, January 17, 2013

snail mail 2012.12.25

(3 letters arrived together 2013.01.16 - I will get them up as I can)

2012.12.25 

Dear Home,

Well, it's Christmas!  I just talked to you, but it;ll be weeks away before you read this.  There's never enough time, but the words I really wanted to say are "I love you."  Everything else is extra.  But let's be hones, there's a Ton to say.  I've written a little about Alex, she's the new convert I mentioned on the phone.  That was crazy.  Already had relationships with all the members, knew everything, we really didn't do much, but it was incredible just hearing her testimony after she was baptized.

So many miracles.  The gift of tongues, inspiratation while looking for the address of a less active, finding a new investigator who has been well prepared to receive the Gospel.

There are a lot of hard times still, but when you consider everything, the big picture, you can really see the Lord's hand.  He's preparing us and providing for us.  And as we serve well, He blesses us with success.

Man, I miss home...First Christmas away was made a lot better by the great people here, but it still pulled at me.  They'd ask about traditions, and I thought about what I'd normally be doing.  I  wouldn't trade this experience for anything, butI've thought a couple of times that it'd be cool to have a couple people share in it and be here too.  Senior couple missions must be great.  We've got one set in our district that helps the military bases and they're just great.

Anyway, no time, so I'll continue this next week probably

No comments:

Post a Comment