Thursday, January 17, 2013

snail mail 2012.12.31

(3 letters arrived together 2013.01.16 - I will get them up as I can.  This is the 2nd)
 
Dear Home,
 
Senior week this week, so crazy hectic.
 
Has some great holidays though.  A couple baptisms to get us inthe spirit.  Breakfast, lunch, dinner with members.  Pretty fun.
 
I love this mission.  It pushes me past what I thought I know.  I have a lot to learn, but these hard times are helping.  And it's really not that hard.  The language is crazy, working well with others is hard sometimes, but we're blessed beyond description.
 
And I am learning how to understand people better.  I'm learning that a little fun isn't bad.  Without it, it's hard to build relationships.  With my companion, he's business oriented.  Everythign has a purpose.  Usually. he'd use P-days to get to know companions.  But I always write letters.  So I think I may have to ease up for a while.
 
I hate it too, but it's important. Just missionary work isn't enough to build a relationship.  And to do missionary work effectively, you need a pretty good companion relationship.  
 
I guess I'm writing backwards today.
 
Start over.  I love you guys.
 
I've had a lot to think about lately.  Pretty busy over here, and lots of things to work on if I want to improve.  But the holiday season is great.  When I think about Christ, the simple points of the Gospel...the temple,  everything seems better.
 
I never realized how a language cann hinder things.  Even after it makes a little sense, it slows your thought time down.  You thin about language, yo can't think about how to make good conversation.  Your brain normally does it by itself, but when you force it's attention elsewhere (example: trying to tell wha they just said) you quickly realize that having a simple conversation is ten times harder.  And you can't even really plan wha tto say in English either.  I've tried a little, but no luck.  Need experience.  Hence, lots of studying, no time.
 
But I hope you guys are doing well.  I still think about you all the time when I get the chance.  Just moments, but good reminders.
 
I'm really sorry about these letters.  I write, but I never get to the things I want.  Maybe next week?  Maybe 2 years?  I tiry to keep a better journal, but even that is losing time.  and I don't know how to fix it.
 
This week has been insane.  We've got an investigaor getting ready for baptism, getting ready for senior week, tons of holiday meal invited, crazy.  
 
Had interviews with Mission President and we legitimately made a ham dinner for him.    Honey roast ham, whole nine yards. Honey roast ham from a member, cheese scalloped potatoes (it's been so long since I've made potatoes au gratin...) kimchi, even some sliced fruit.   Never cook like that on a mission....  (something in Korean) is unreal.
 
Anyway, P-Day is up.  I got in a decent email today.  Pictures and even a recording (I hope)  That may be it.  I'll try to focus on that, good effective emails.  Lettes are too unpredictalbe.  And maybe short voice clips.  Fun Korean facts, story every now and then. Could be fun.  =D
 
Now, I can't guarantee I'll have abilityto send these recordings every week.  But with luck, things will work out.  

Anyway sounds good.  Gotta run.  Love you!
(Elder Robarts in Korean)

No comments:

Post a Comment