Thursday, January 17, 2013

snail mail 2013.01.07


(the third of three letters in this envelope)

Dear Home,

I can't how long it's been.  It's 2013 already?  Time flies out here.  P-Days are even shorter, but I beginning to realize the most useful things to write or do, the ones most entertaining or uplifting, are either impossible to describe or don't take that long to say.

Truth is, I'm not sure if I can express the changes I'm feeling or the miracles I see.  They're too small yet powerful to capture or do justice.  And far too many.  But I can say this: I'm a different man.   My character is the same, my joys, my dreams, but there's a lot of experienced here.  Learning to do things effectively, not just doing them.

During New Year's I've made a lot a goals.  One of them is just to be more happy and accepting of life.  Even though I'm amid the most incredible time of my life, I admit, it's hard.  It's easy to get down if you lose focus.  But we all have a choice.

Over the past few months, I've let myself get discouraged more than I want.  I'm stronger than that.  The Spirit is there to help me.  I've decided not to let it take way from my joy anymore.

Also, I want to learn piano.  I don't know why, but this week it hit me.  I really want to learn.  I actually tried sight reading again the other day wile waiting for an appointment, and it was a lot easier than I remembered.  Never any time here, but maybe I can get some help.  Little bits here and there, and I'll try more back home.  Who knows.

Haven't sketched in ages.  Forgotten a lot of my tricks.  One of those things.  Wait and see.  Not really important.  I'm in the Lord's vineyard, and I'm actually really at peace right now.  At peace and moving a hundred miles per hour at the same time.  Missions.  Truly unique.

I love you all.  I hope everything is okay.  Life going well, no major tragedies.  Joy in the journey.

How's the ward?  Tell then I said Hi.  I've thought about them a lot.  My Scouts, the YM/YW, everyone I talked with.  You guys are great.  The church is good anywhere, but our ward was and still is my home. 

Say Hit to Institute, too.  Man, it feels like a long time since the days of random conversations and adventures at SCC Institute.  How's Reynolds and the classes?

Keep up the smiles, live everyday as if you were a son or daughter of God.  And go ahead and read Moroni 8:2-3, putting in your name for Moroni's.

Time to wrap up, but first, scripture time.  These are great for missionaries
Matthew 4:19  
Isiaiah 51:12  "I am he that comforteth you..."
1 Nephi 3: 7 
1 Nephi 17:3
1 Nephi 14: 14
1 Cor 13 :11
3 Nephi 5:13
D & C 109: 22-23   temples and missionary work, preparing missionaries
D & C 27: 15-18
D & C 31
D & C 100
Moses 6: 32-34
D & C 84:85, 88 continually
Alma 36:24 

"As a teacher, you are also called to be a student, for the sake of those who depend on you."  Teacher's manual, English program, Seoul West Mission

"We find peace when we realize we can put trust in God.  Joy comes when we realize God can put His trust in us."  President Alan Fisher, Stake Conference

Heavenly Father is real.  Christ is our Savior!  I stress over writing good letters, but is the more I need to write than this?
This is who I am.  This is my work.

I miss you all terribly, but I love these  people.  I want to help them.  I want them to know what the temple feels like.

Until next time.  With love, always.
(Elder Robarts in Korean)



No comments:

Post a Comment