Monday, October 1, 2012

2012.09.28 snail mail

Dear Home,

This may be kind of short, but there were a couple things I wanted to write about.  First off, you're the best.   You found Petersen (this is Mom, yes I did. found him on Facebook, but he's not there a lot.  You  may have seen that I shared a picture he posted with Benjamin in it)  Do you think you could send him a friend request for me?  (done)  Juline Wadsworth, too, fi you can find her there.  (also done)  I think she's going to BYU, too, but she said she's from Idaho.

Also, a few of you have asked about what an MTC District Leader does, and to be honest, it's not a whole lot.  Nothing like in the field.  We go to meetings and pass down the info, conduct district meetings twice  a week, make assignments, get mail when it comes in, and probably most importantly, interview senior companions and watch over the individual missionaries in the district.

I'm not exceptionally good at leading, but I can testify of the spirit that accompanies one on one talks with missionaries about their fears or concerns.  That's what I cherish about this so far.  Today (Friday, Sep 28,  2013) I conduct interviews and report back to the zone leaders.

Another fun thing this week:  We finally finished all the workshops, so we finally get to host new missionaries. 

That brought back memories.  One of the Elders' suitcases didn't have wheels, though, and we were the farthest group from orientation place -- I'm still kind fo feeling it.

Quick note:  We didn't actually go to the dedication for the temple, but we watched a broadcast ofit during one of the sessions I mean.

Small favor to ask:  My  memory stinks here.  If you guys have specific questions you'ld like me to talk about, could you throw it at the bottom of the letter so I can copy it down in my notes for hte next letter?  I always forget what you gusy want to hear.  Thanks!

Korean is awesome.  Korea is better, but this language is a boss. (If any of my 11 year old Scouts are reading this, this is for you. =D  )  I just love the First Vision.  I've shared it a couple of times now and I love the spirit it carries.  I've almost got to where I don't worry abou the words as much, and that really helps.

Anyway, things are going well here.  I'll write again on PDay, but I had a few letters I've ben working on morning by morning since I ran out of PDay.  But the leades said it's ok to get up early and you guys are worth it.






No comments:

Post a Comment