Tuesday, October 16, 2012

2012.10.16 email - last P-day in the MTC

Dear Home,

It's been a crazy ride, but my MTC experience is almost over. This is my last P-Day, so I've got a lot to cram in here. In case your watching your emails though, there's one thing I want to hit first.

We got our travel plans! So we get up and report at 3AM, fly from Salt Lake to San Fran. at 5:50(salt lake time), arrive at 7:00 (our time). Then there we have a four hour layover, so that's when I'll call. If you guys want to get together, I'll have plenty of time to talk, President Shin just told us not to miss our flights, but other than that we should be good. I have a phone card that should give plenty of time. I know you guys have work and school, but if you want to/are able to meet somewhere, just let me know which number to call. (probably through dear elder)

From San Fran, we fly at 11:00 AM (our time) and arrive in Seoul at 3:00 PM the next day.

It's going to be crazy, but I'm looking forward to it.

Here's some pictures. (note from Mom- I'll post them as soon as I can)  I'll send another email shortly, but if you're reading this pretty soon after I sent it, I might be able to see a reply before I have to get off.

~Brb Elder Robarts

Alright, the rest of the letter:

So much has happened this week I don't even know where to begin-- although that's partially because I forgot that I sent a second letter last week and I don't completely remember how much I wrote in there.

Anyway, the position of District Leader has moved on again, so I might actually have time to get everything done that I need to. It'll be crazy though. Right now Elder Sills is serving, just in time for the final stretch. A part of me will miss serving. It was rough at times, and it always felt like there was so much I needed to be doing or thinking about, but I love the feeling that I get when I have the responsibility to watch over some one else. I mean, we're always supposed to, but it's different when it's part of a calling. You really do receive inspiration for those you serve. I just love my district. We mess around with each other, but you can always depend on them.

Anyway, I might not have much more time, I think most of it is in my letter home this week, but I love you guys!

Before I close though, I just wanted to say how much I love the people of Korea. Since the native Koreans came, I can honestly say I've never met a Korea I didn't like. They're just so naturally friendly.

And oddly enough, we share a lot of traits. Not super emotional most of the time (a trait I'm losing more and more it seems), they talk to themselves a lot (they even have special grammar forms for it), they're very clean and like things organized, and they have one of the coolest languages ever. Hard, but cool. Get this, they use grammar forms a lot of places where we use tones. Practical upshot, a lot of times they can express in writing things we could never do with english. How cool is that? I'm beginning to like the different endings for different people too. I mean, why wouldn't you use higher speech when talking to Heavenly Father? So fun to play with.

Anyway, my companion is waiting for the computer, so I gotta run. Enjoy the pictures and everything. I'm sure I'm forgetting something very important, but oh well.

As for the thought of being an hour and a half away from home for four hours... Yeah, tempting. But they said not to have family send you off, so a three or so hour phonecall will have to be enough. :) Hope I can talk with a lot of you, but if not, I understand. Thanks for your love and support guys!

~Elder Robarts

No comments:

Post a Comment