Monday, October 29, 2012

2012.10.29

Dear Home,

I've got a very short ammount of time before we have to get to an
appointment, so this will have to be brief.

I love you all, right now I'm serving in Suwon, specifically Peontaek,
however you spell it in English. A few matters of business. I don't
know what my current address is yet for sending mail, but when I asked
my trainer he just said to use the mission home. He doesn't
communicate with home much though from the sounds of it though. I'm
serving with a native Korean, I think his American name is Elder Park.
It sounds something like PakDaSor when you say his real name. (I guess
they use full names a lot here. Makes sense. Every other family is
Kim.

Anyway, burning time. This place is crazy. This is the furthest the
mission goes North I think. Maybe not, There's another District that
actually serves in Suwon, I think that's further. No idea.

So, I'm still getting used to things, so I don't really know how
things go. (So far I can't see much pattern to the streets, but I
haven't had much chance to look into it. Gotta learn the map sometime
though, this place is huge.

Speaking of which, my first area: There's a US military base here, so
it's pretty much the most amercan area in our mission. Not a whole lot
of culture shock. At least, not what I was expecting. Our first dinner
appointment (about an hour after we got here) was all in english. The
Lesson we taught afterward was a different story. I've got a lot to
learn, I'll just say that. Anyway, I've got to wrap up here. But I got
a letter sent off, hopefully you get it. It actually talks about life.

~Elder Robarts

Yep, this is where I live... And my companion calls it countryside... 

No comments:

Post a Comment