Monday, October 22, 2012

2012.10.16 snail mail posted the 16th

Dear Home,

Without fail, I always forget what I wanted to write.  One thing I will say though, the MTC and learning a language give you  alot to laugh about.  For example, for me, in Korean, I have the hardest time not honorfying foods.  I always accidentally throw itin.  Drives me insane.

Aright, some genuine topics.  Lat Tuesday, David A. Bednar came and talked to us about learning from the living prophets.  He talked about the importance of General Conference, and why we need to study it well.  One pattern he uses is to look specifically for doctrines/princples taught, invitations to action, and promised blessings if we obey.

It was an incredibly good talk, and the District Meeting we had afterward was pumped with the Spirit.  I had the opportunity to bear my testimony at the end and share my gratitude for teh examples my district have shown me.  I talked about how I felt when they bore their testimonies.  If all can do in Korean is that, it'll be enough.  We will be successful and when we come home we'll remember that we're still missionaries.  That fire in our hearts won't go away.

Have I mentioned this already?  It sounds familiar.  Anyway, I loved it and I love my District.  This Sunday I was released as DL,so it still feels a little wierd, but more and more I begin to realize just how hard it will be to say good-bye again.  ... But it has to be done.  Korea is calling us.

I've been here so long.  We've become such a family here.  But I realized something about week two of my mission:  I've spent more time in the MTC than all of my immdiated family combined. And I believe. So much has happened here. 

Tracting is challenging.  You try so hard to understand what they're saying, it's hard to remember what you wanted to say.  Getting better though.

Done with the District sketch, too.  It was a small working space, so the detail is somewhat lacking.  (Not to mention I'm getting super rusty here.)  but bonus points if you can tell who is who.

I guess I should explain the extra stuff with this letter.  

This is a song that the older generation always sings before they leave the MTC.  It's a traditional Korean farewell song, sounds pretty good.

Also we got our travel plans!!! ... Anyway, we get split up right away.  Daejeon leaves 3am, Pusan leaves 8am.  Lots of hard goodbues this Sunday.

So Sills has the handwriting of an angel.  This is a copy of a card he made for memorizing the First Vision.
The first vision card is just a  fun little example of the stuff we are learning here.  I can actually use most of the grammar in it now.  = D  It's such a crazy language.

I talk with the Korean missionaries and understand almost nothing, then they laugh and say we're learning fast.  It doesn't always feellike that until I think about our first day here.  Chanting as a class to get teh alphabet down.

Has it only been eleven weeks?  Has it already been eleven weeks?  I feel both here.  Time paradox.  I'm going to have to start getting a package together soon.  I'll probably send home all my Dear Elders, but I think I'll try to keep the hard copy ones.  There's just so much... You'll see what I mean in a bit.

But this'll be tight.  There's a lot more language stuff than I was expecting.  I can't believe I'll be halfway around the world in a week.  Fun Fact:  From the time we leave to the time we get to Korea, 36 hours will have gone by (if I remember right.)

Do I wrap up here?  I porbably will, thre's a lot to do today.  And this is our last P-day. 

Oh, Temple.  I'll miss you so much... Never take it for granted, guys.  You've got the House of the Lord 20 minutes away.  That's one of the greatest blessings I can imagine.

- Gotta wrap up here or it won't make the mail today.  Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment